UI Lock-ups / Freezing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ARHargreaves, Jul 12, 2021.

1. ARHargreaves

ARHargreaves Registered

Am encountering the UI freezing on every load.
    Have tried deleting UserData folder to force a refresh, and it just gets stuck on the setup wizard (trace attached below). I can enter the wizard, but as soon as I click to type my name, it locks up, and have to ctrl-alt-del out. Interestingly, it justs sit there chomping CPU (around 30%)

If i edit my player.json to skip the first start wizard, I can get into a session, but then the monitor UI locks up. It either locks up after the track loads, or after returning to the garage after going on track. The game carries on running in the background, and I can use the keyboard to flick between different cars on the monitor (or switch between live/replay) - but I can't click anything, so have to CTRL-Alt-Del out. Windows does report one of the 4 processes not responding.

I have purged all my workshop content, and now only have official DLC installed (as it got auto-subscribed on a reinstall). The monitor crash happens on both old and new UI, and have tried latest stable build and the RC build.

Have attached a couple of traces, but can't see anything that would cause a UI crash.
    Any ideas anybody?

These problems started after a routine Windows reinstall - but I have previously had no issues on this PC. I freshly downloaded RF2 from steam, and have run verify etc.

Attached Files: