Tyres overheating on bends , severe understeer ,help please

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Pyney, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi all , I'm new here just bought the sim a couple of days ago , main game , dlc Spa ,and Farrari , and the GTE car pack , have been enjoying the sim very much until this afternoon , now for some reason any car or track I am getting severe understeer and the tyres go from blue to red in seconds only on the bends the sharper the bend the hotter the tyres go, just cant think what it can be and would like your help, before this happened I have been struggling to get the tyres out of the blue , now its gone the other way lol

In desperation I change from the new Ui to the old version that didnt help , I have also uninstalled the game and reinstalled thinking i had a bad file or something unfortunately no luck still the same problem.

Car setup's are base nothing has changed

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is the steering behaving normally? Sounds like it may be steering much more than you're intending, scrubbing the fronts and giving heat and poor grip. Check your rotation and lock settings.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At the steering wheel calibration, for whichever UI you use, set steering sensitivity to the middle of the scale. 50% for the old UI, 100% for the new UI. And then make tiny adjustements to suit your style.

4. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi Lazza and Dave , thank you for trying to help me , I have tried the settings in the wheel calibration as you suggested but it didn't improve on things for me , you got me thinking about the wheel / wheel rotation I'm using a Thrustmaster TX leather so I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers I think I have some improvement ?
    as I have said when I first played the sim I enjoyed how the cars would grip the road surface on the bends , my tyre hud would normally stay in the blue struggling to get the hub to show much movement in the temperature colour possibly light blue , temps going from 85 /90 and 140 to 150 when driving including any bends , now I have noticed the temps going up to 180 + to 210 on sharp bends."driving the same as before" so I dont know why I am noticing the difference in the tyres heating up so quickly now , is this how it should be ? I have tried to Youtube the tyre hud in action on any car but I cant find anything , Thanks in advance
    Because I am new to this sim I dont know what is normal ?

5. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi , Just a bit of an update , I have restarted my pc since doing the new drivers for my thrustmaster and I am starting to enjoy that driving feeling that I had before , so I'm thinking there may of been an issue there may be ? I also verified the game with steam and there was a file missing . So my last question is how does the tyre hud work , its stay in blue for me , until I take a bend I will then see the hud increase in temps now from say 140 going up now to 180 reddish on a sharp bend then it decreases to the 140's