Two great things about rf2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Besides a lot here's a couple for things about rf2 that put a smile on the dial...

I've been doing this for many many years, since 95 in fact. Tried them all as most of us have, buyracing:p, pCARS, Live for speed, rf1, netcar, GP4,F1C... the list goes on and on. As an open wheeler fan to me the Formula Renault 3.5 could be quite possibly the best OW mod ever. What ever ISI have done with FFB of this car please keep doing it, simply outstanding.

Secondly, if your not using Overcast weather on your servers you should. ISI have really nailed this and the effect is incredibly realistic with the changing light.

Fergy,
    having a fanboy moment:p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep, I feel the same way, in that I love the 3.5. Something about a bit more simple open wheeler in terms of design, but still with a damn powerful engine.
    The F3000's in RACE07 were another favourite of mine.

One thing...that clear sound loop it has........boy does it become noticeable XD

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

I wish I could say the same. I feel the car even as very good up on some things. However, this FFB is anything but not exemplary. The whole thing is too vague and spongy. The forces balance does not fit. There is, first of all the middle area and the transition, as well as the increase of the forces, dominated in the first place through a longitudinal force and the front axle. The feeling of caster is excessively pronounced. This force dominated also in the curving drive instead of a transverse force/lateral acceleration in combination. As also the forces are not fast and precise enough and lacking the information by bite. The result of this balance is a spongy, imprecise and to very soft feel imho.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

^Feels ok here, level 2 FFB smoothing and a higher FFB force seems fine. As always with each car in rF2, I find it just a different feeling that you need to get used to and find out how to drive it fast. What it feels like/does when getting loose, pushing the front, when it's at high speed with big downforce, etc.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Perhaps I should mention that it is with the G27 but I don't think that overall feeling is very different, at least not the set-up of the forces and their behavior.

One begins to feel a vehicle as it stands and from there, the forces must behave harmoniously. If they do not match in their balance, so the car does not feel like a car rather a damaged one. The dynamics while cornering should represent the natural physical behavior, generated by kinematics and tire physics in combination with the surface. It does unfortunately not work properly. And this goes for all cars, while the one is more worse than the other imho.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Has the f3 had an update in last 6 months ?
    I use to enjoy this simcar before the f2 came out

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

It may have slightly improved from day one.

Sounds wheel related speed?? What are your settings? Wheel rotation and so?

I've run rf2 on G25, Drive force GT, 911RS Fanatec and the CSR elite. Both Fanatec's give an outstanding feel but the other two were pretty good as well.

8. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

best driving expirience ever :)

yours Fanboy

9. Takumi

Takumi Registered

Hagen Tröger. You could focus more your down shifting under braking. Sounds like your engine will blow any second(revs are hitting limiter like crazy) :D

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

To contribute to the topic. My best driving experience atm is the Clio on Lime Rock Park. The overall feeling fits best this combi. :)

edit: @Fergy

Sorry i have not registered that you mean me. Oh no you can be sure I am very well familiar with these things. I belong to the old of this genre. Of course there is always the possibility of incalculable issues. I look at it and rate it from technical view. One can get used to everything but that is not my intention. If an inexperienced person uses the simulation for the first time, he must be on once can build up a reference to the real driving experience ( basic sense ). If it isn't the case, then the simulation has failed. Unfortunately at this time it is not optimal. I'm trying to look at it always objective and factual. I'm sure it will be better the further the simulation has progressed, until then i'll be sure to find always a combination for me with the best set-up. If it is not, i look at it as a stage of development.

11. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

no need for this :)

12. pemigris

pemigris Registered

may I ask why Formula Renault and not Formula Two? ( I prefer the second one)

13. Fergy

Fergy Registered

@Speed, that's great but what are your wheel settings in profiler and in game?

@pemigris, both are great mods but the wheel feel of the FR on another level imo. Btw, I love the F2 too.

14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Interesting video for sound and spray comparison:

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I also love the overcast weather, with light clouds. I love when sun comes and light up whatever track I am driving :) But especially Monaco and Spa.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh you think if you take me not for fully, would I a justification or proof of my sensation owe to you. You fool you. I've tried everything and nothing helped to a positive result, but please because you want to help me i would not deny this chance. Then you can safely say me which settings on a G27 helps to the perfection. If we are already on it, maybe you can elaborate me on this occasion then the logic and composition of the forces on the steering wheel. I want to feel like you. It is very important for me to understand why some cars feel how they feel on the steering wheel like in this sim. Perhaps this way can I and other car driver optimize the perception.

17. Fergy

Fergy Registered

How's the sound of those 3.5's... music to the ears. Great Vid Vit;)

18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

@speed1. Which sim does 'feel' right for you? Are there any that are closer in your opinion?

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes rF2 is the closest one and the best feeling i ever had. I never said it feels bad, only not optimal.

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

speed1 I think you have steering help activated by accident ;)

I have G27 and the feeling is amazing. I know there are better wheels (more expensive, at least!) but I think the G27 is great.
    Overall strengh: 137%
    Spring: 106%
    Damper: 130%

In-game I increase CAR-SPECIFIC FFB MULT... different to each car of course. But for the Brabham I have 1.70 right now, and FFB smoothing to 12. This is the only car I drive at the moment so I can't say how 'fantastic' these settings are for other cars. But Brabham at Monaco or Spa with these settings are simply amazing.