Twin 970gtx's with SLI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by daveklein, Jan 16, 2016.

1. daveklein

daveklein Registered

So I have 2 970's with the SLI bridge. I tried installing it last night and running RF2 but it was funny how the fps was stuck at 60. I looked and noticed that the 2nd card did not get installed properly in device manager. I got it all working correctly this morning and turned sli on with just one display....... and I still have it stuck dead nuts on 60fps. It didn't do that before with one card!? I would have as much as 150fps. I could experiment endlessly to find out why but thought I'd ask here for ideas? Also, RF2 is my favorite so far but I have all the other racing sims like pcars, AC, F1 etc..... Is there one of those that would demonstrate the diff between one and two cards? I plan on buying 3 27" monitors this weekend sometime but wanted to make sure I could make the 2 cards work with one display.

Thanks for any help!

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Read a bit how to configure RF2 SLI bits in Nvidia Inspector, and how they work with different drivers.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26985-New-NVIDIA-SLI-profile

Please post screenshots of these options:
    - RF2 ingame graphic and video settings
    - Nvidia Inspector settings for RF2

What drivers are you using?
    What software are you using to check your ingame FPS and GPU usage (to see if SLI is working too)?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Did you accidentally turn on vertical sync?

4. daveklein

daveklein Registered

I don't have v-sync on anywhere, I'm pretty sure. And I spent yesterday buying and installing 3 1080p 32" TV's. OMG it's so cool! But, it's still running at 60fps. I'm trying to understand nvidia inspector but it shows driver 355.82. In game res is now 5804x1080 bezel corrected. The extra view is awesome but things are also distorted somewhat on the side monitors. Is there anything I can do there?

Here's screen shots of what I have. Thanks again for any help setting this up properly. I'm definitely out of my realm.

View attachment 19099

View attachment 19100

5. daveklein

daveklein Registered

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Lets see the screen of Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> and choose RF2

7. daveklein

daveklein Registered

8. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Your vertical sync is set to Adaptive, that is still 60fps lock, try setting it to off.

9. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Ya know, I really really appreciate people like you that help with this stuff. Most don't have patience!! So thanks man! I turned that off GLOBALLY. And I get up to 84fps but it settles down to 45 as well. So many weird things here and perhaps I need to revert drivers but the game works ok for me and the triple screens will probably give me a epileptic seizure soon :) but just awesome! The other funny thing now is that iracing ran dead nuts at 60 as well but now it's stuck at 84, which is better :) lol! I'll also do some more searching to see if these 2 gpu's are actully working together. Not sure I believe it and my cpu isn't so badass @ quad 2.9Ghz. Anyways, thanks again to the Prodigy!!

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Nvidia Control Pane > rFactor2 profile.
    Maximum pre-rendered frames > 1
    Power managemetn mode > Preferer maximum performance.

I can see that your monitor is 60hz and it can only show 60fps. Forcing more then 60fps to 60hz monitor causes lot of tearing stutters etc.
    Go to UserData > player folder and open player.JASON file and edit:
    "Max Framerate":60,
    "Max Framerate#":"0 to disable (note: positive numbers only, we always use the 'alternate' method now)",

"Texture Sharpening":0,
    "Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

If you are running rFactor2 Mode:Windowed/Borderless is rFactor2 running true OS sync buffer and you get worse performance.Use Mode: Fullscreen to avoid this.

:)