Turn AI headlights on earlier?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Wayne S, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Wayne S

Wayne S Registered

I ran a race starting in the late evening, and progressing to night at Brands Hatch (4x time factor), and I found that the AI didn't turn on their headlights until well after it was dark.
    I would like to know if there is a file that can be edited, where I can change when the AI turns on their lights.
    I tried to find an old thread about this, but wasn't able to. If there is one, please direct me to it, thanks
    If you have a solution, please could you be specific as to where the file(s) is located. (sometime people say its in XX directory, but I struggle trying to find where that directory is located).

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm pretty much certain there's no option for that, and I'm also fairly sure mod makers can't determine that time either. On the upside you don't need to find any folders ;)

3. Wayne S

Wayne S Registered

Thanks Lazza. You're right - I can't bugger up finding the file folder.:)
    As I'm new to rFactor 2, I'm just curious - is this just one of those things that you have to live with, or is it something that happens when tracks are made by modder's.
    I find that I have a tendency to use the lights of the cars ahead to gauge the track corners, and until they come on it is a little harder as the car headlights aren't the brightest either.
    Anyway - thanks for the help.
    Cheers