Turbo engine performance figures

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by LeStrat, Sep 16, 2014.

1. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Does anyone know how to see the engine performance figures when developing a turbo engine?

Long time ago I was told by Tim that ISI developers could see these figures in real time, but I did not get any further information.

Any clue on this?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Iirc it was right ctrl + = which cycled thorough the engine Info and the tire display.

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I remember having talked to you about it before :)

Ctrl + = showed turbo rpm and pressure as far as I know, but no live power or torque data, but I'll check.

4. Adrian

Adrian Registered

nope there is no way of getting an output of power/torque. I guess it might be possible with a plugin maybe? why do you need to see that in realtime btw? as you know what RPM your doing and the torque values for all RPM's are in the engine.ini

5. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

That's only useful if you use an naturally aspirated engine, when using a turbo engine, torque and power is sensibly different from what you specify in the "rpm <-> torque matrix" (turbo behaviour modifies it, for example if boosting at 1.5bar torque and power will be much higher than the defined in the enigne.ini, which is the performance at 1atm of pressure), and I find no way of knowing it.

6. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Get Lazza's Motec Data Acquisition plugin. That can be set up to record torque output at any time. It also records boost pressure (though not turbo RPM). So in i2, you can set up a scatter plot of torque & RPM, filter for full throttle only, and set the colour channel to the boost pressure to see how the torque curve climbs with pressure.

7. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Thank you very much!