Turbo engine acting al weird.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Navigator, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

I'm busy on a turbo engine for a private F1 2014 mod and I got the following problem;
    when I drive the straight and shift on the lights, the car does 309 km/h. That seems okay and even when I go to maximum revs (12.000 for now) it does the same.
    However; when I touch the rev limiter and keep it in there for two seconds, after I shift to eight gear, the car goes to 350 km/h in a second(!)
    It doesn't spin, the clutch doesn't slip.

At first I thought I had to much drag, but even reducing that drastically, didn't change a thing. I tried internia's (turbo, clutch and engine) but got the same results.
    The power is okay; I gave it some more, to much even and still the same.

Does anyone know what to look for?

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

For someone that might wonder; I found the problem. Maybe more are having this problem, so sharing the answer can do no harm anyway, right?

I made the turbo sound louder and could hear what happened; shifting on the lights kept the sound normal, but hanging in the limiter, the sound went up and up.......and up.
    I took the turbo engine lines from the skippy and this car doesn't have the same problem; it's blowing way less through the turbine.
    What I did, was lowering the turbo internia; it helped.
    It's not the proper fix; that should be done with the waste gate. I don't understand the values for that one however.
    For now; it works ;)

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

What's happening with the turbo speed when this happens (alt-= in dev mode)? Sounds like its spinning out of control 400k+ rpm instead of <120k like it should be. This happens when you push the turbo too far off the compressor map. In reality it would break but in rf2 it becomes a perpetual motion machine :p

If you have turbine and compressor maps more suited to the engine and boost your running I don't think this will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You are right Adrian! I got it now; did some work/calculating and a lot of trail and error :)
    The trick was in the "pressure power". That one was way to high as I took it from the Skippy; lowered that and I could set the turbine press higher which resulted in a turbo working as I supposed it to work. Internia is back to default now.

Thanks mate!