Turbo and blow off valve sounds

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by LeStrat, Oct 19, 2013.

1. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Hello,

I have searched in the forum and I haven't found any word about this, so I decided to start a new thread.

I am working on the sounds of a conversion I am making of a Ferrari F40, the point is, I would like to hear turbo woosh and blow off valve sounds.

I know these parameters in ISImotor:
    VS_INSIDE_SPLUTTER
    SplutterAmount
    VS_OUTSIDE_SPLUTTER​

There go my questions:

- Are these parameters used to simulate blow off valve? In case yes, how? I am unable to make them work.
    - How have ISI guys managed to make turbo woosh sound separately from engine samples in Formula 2?
    - Is there any parameter that simulates a sound appearing when the clutch is engaged, or mut better, when the throttle is released?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  2. Adrian

Adrian Registered

You'll need to be using the new engine model and have a turbo setup. There is also new sound code that controls spool and bov sound. If you extract the skip barber Mas file the examples are in there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Great! Thank you Adrian.

Answers were easier than I expected.

4. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I have another question, I am unable to make turbo work (or at least be noticed) in my car.

In fact I have tried using skippy engine uncommenting the line which defines the existance of the turbo, and nothing changed.

I mean, the following line:
    TurboInertia=0.000115 // you can actually have two turbos, each one starts with this line

Any clue on this?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  5. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Can you upload a copy of your engine file, I'll take a look at it for you :)

6. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Hello Adrian, first of all, many thanks for offering to check it and my apologies for not having answered before.

My engine.ini file was just the one taken from the skippy.
    I had only uncommented the line:
    TurboInertia=0.000115 // you can actually have two turbos, each one starts with this line

Anyway, I have already managed to make it work. Now I just need to know how to check the engine output.