Trying to create an object and material in 3DSimED...

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SL1DE, Aug 8, 2018.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

My knowledge on modelling is next to nothing (which is why I'm using bloody 3DSimED, thought I could just add a little sphere which is exactly what I need), but the Williams in my 1996 mod is in desperate need of a shift light.

So I thought I could create a sphere and put it on the cockpit to act as a shift light, I add and resize it, have the new material created. But when I export it, it doesn't export my new sphere and material.

Am I missing something? When I save it as a 3SE project it saves, but when I export it as an rF2 object it vanishes.

Before
    will1.jpg

After exporting
    will2.jpg

What am I doing wrong? ... Besides using 3DSimED - What am I doing wrong?* :p

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

How are you reloading the objects?
    Is the sphere an object?
    3dsimed can make what is an exploded object which will allow you to edit the vertices. This type of object can't be exported ad a gmt. You need to right click on it and in the roll out make it an object.

3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Ok, I AM an idiot. When I create the sphere it opens up a box called "Group Instance Edit", and I have to click on "Create Object" to actually create the object. Thanks Nibiru! For making me look harder and actually read the labels of the icons. :D

Still wasn't saving my material and things though within the cockpit GMT. So I decided to make it its own GMT, and it works! Now people can stop commenting complaining about there not being a shift light.

20180808220843_1.jpg
    Before I release the update, I should probably try to make that middle part black so it's more like real life.

4. guille36

guille36 Registered

Hello friends, does anyone know of websites to download 3dsimed objects for Rfactor? Thank you very much for any info

5. redapg

redapg Registered

There is no special Site for that, as far as i know, you can download and use every 3D Object that you can convert to rFactor 2 gmt Format.

But take care for Licence Terms, if you want to use them in a Project, that you want to release to the Public!