Trolls in the Competition system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roberbond, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Roberbond

Roberbond Registered

23:00 at the night. 5 minutes Warm up before the race at the Portland track with the Competition System. I try to go out of the pit and somebody passes very fast in front of me. I follow him, and when he leaves the pit lane accelerates and suddenly he turns right very fast... I go on forward and I can hear the crash...

I do my first lap, and when I pass next to the pit another car goes out... and does the same!!!

So, somebody registered to a race and he didn't even made a test lap before? didn't he even know the track or the current layout?

When the race starts, in the first turn always... I mean ALWAYS there is a crash from the 1st to 3rd turns. There should be a check or qualify lap 5 minutes before the race in the same session and if some pilots can't do a minimum time they should not race.

What do you think?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When ratings are up and running the people who have no clue, and those who are deliberately crashing into people, will be kept out of races with people who are doing things properly, and removed from the system if they're deliberately wrecking.

In the meantime, you're helping with the data gathering and system checks, so good job.

atomed, Remco Majoor and Roberbond like this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Not even in iracing has that been achieved ... even less in rfactor 2:cool:

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're saying rFactor 2 can never do it? You can't be saying rF2 has achieved less, when the competition system has been in beta for 6 weeks...

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

In this regards, RF2 has hands much more free than Iracing, once you bought the content your milking is ended... if your behaviour grant you a ban, Studio 397 revenue are not damaged. Iracing with his subscription system, receive an economical damage for each user they ban.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

iracing has many years of advantage in experience in this matter, and it still has not achieved it, because rfactor without experience I have many doubts that it will achieve it, obviously it will be seen if it can do it or not, but I doubt it very much ...

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When's the last time you won the lotto? :p

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

no trolls in online racing is achievable, respectful decent racecraft is achievable. Minolin has proved it nicely back in AC with his simply genial minorating system. The only drawback was that there were less people with A rating and it caused high rating servers to be more difficult to populate, so Minolin used to constantly tweak parameters not to be too strict, but remain effective. But that was for public lobby servers, no doubt officially supported and ran competition system could manage stuff like that.

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I already bought a number, I share with you S397:D:);)

Lazza likes this.