Triple Screen set up tool- side angle/bezel correction etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jett080, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I agree. My suggestion is only meant to be temporary way of operating until ISI gives us a better wide screen option. I'd rather not use inline screens but the FPS hit with the crude ISI multiview is crippling.

That LFS clip you show is really cool. How many FPS can you get with that if you have 15 or 20 cars on track?

2. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Agree must have!!! Rf2 wanting to be top notch sim needs to get these 3 screen adjustements. Lets hope that isi hears us;)

3. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

did anyone mention that they need UI scaling for those of us who use bezel correction in our graphics driver?

4. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

How does yours work? And what are you using to get triscreen, ATI, Nvidia, TH2Go or softTH?
    I ask because I am using TH2Go and have no issues with the UI, that I have noticed. They appear to scale correctly for me no matter the resolution I use and are always on my center screen. They appear the same whether I use Bezel Management or not. I normally always do, but have launched the game before with it off. I didn't notice any difference in the UI either way.

Can you post a screen shot of what is happening?

5. BlaringFiddle5

how do I take screenshots? Print screen?

6. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Yeah that will work and then paste it into Paint, if you don't have a photo edit program or something. I use Irfanview and have for years. Free light and does many nice things.
    http://www.irfanview.net/

Oh yeah, you have to use Ctrl+PrtSrn keys together to copy the image to clipboard (memory) and then open the Paint, or a photo program and Paste it.
    In Paint or Irfanview you click Edit and then Paste.

Irfanview will allow you resize the image and also save it as a .jpeg
    After you paste it go to Image and click on Resize/Resample. Here you can select the size.
    Then click on the File tab and Save As. You can select jpeg to make for a smaller file size and easier to upload.

There is a Screenshot feature in rF2, but I don't recall the key and have not tried it. Look in the controls menu for the key assigned to it and try it, if you want. There is a Screenshot folder in UserData where the shot will be stored.

EDIT (again)
    I just checked, F12 is screenshot key, but it would NOT capture the menu, for me anyway.
    While I was there I did double check the bezel management though. Confirmed, I have no issues at all with it. Switching between Off and On made no difference at all in the UI. It remained the same on my center screen. No overlapping or cropping. For me the UI acts like I was on a single monitor displaying full screen on my center. The two side panels are blacked out when in the UI, as they should be, imo.

EDIT (once more, lol)
    I added a shot of my UI.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  7. BlaringFiddle5

you know? I think i'm going to have to take a picture of it with my phone. A screenshot won't show my bezel of my monitor to see how the UI is pushed off the monitor (like the exit is partially hidden for example). None of it is hidden enough to cause a problem except the FPS counter. That I can't see at all (except a sliver). Just need some UI scaling ...

I thank you for the detailed post about screenshot taking - I hadn't heard of that program before. I usually use the gimp, but that is way heavy for these small purposes..

8. Armando

Armando Registered

This is what you get with Eyefinity and bezel correction applied. The black bars represent the bezels.
    As you can see, the HUD (and the UI) is displayed in the center monitor, but it uses up to a third of the width.
    Because of the bezel correction, that means the HUD does not fit inside the center monitor.

[​IMG]

9. BlaringFiddle5

That is an accurate representation of what I am talking about. UI scaling would let us make the menus and so forth smaller so that they fit on screen. I was able to do this in iRacing.

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I think that is more of a problem with the way Eyefinity handles bezel management. Bezel management shouldn't do anything other than 'pull' in the two side monitors. For whatever reason it is messing with the center one as well, which it shouldn't do.
    In Matrox software the center screen is completely untouched when setting and activating bezel management. When I turn it on, it moves my other screen images over to the place I have set them at. I have vertical black bars on the very ends of the two side panels with it on. It crops some off (adjustable) of the inside edges of the two side panels to get the images lined up correctly.

Here is a very short video I found that demostrates it better than I can try to explain it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRRA-aGHBI

11. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I saw this video on Eyefinity.
    This is an issue with the way ATI is doing bezel management. It does work off of the center screen, which is wrong, really. That is why the menus get partly hidden when using it. There is an advantage, since there are no black bars on the ends of the side panels. But it has the drawback of messing with the UI, in some cases. A smaller UI with a boarder on the sides would work, since the boarders would either get smaller or be hidden entirely.
    So, for ISI to fix this, they would have to make the UI smaller and place a boarder around it, unless they can figure out a better method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMgb3PBkBQ

12. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Here is Nvidia. It too is changing the center screen as well as the sides. So it too would have the same issue with some UI menus.
    However, it appears to have a few other resolution options, so it may be that theirs can be set without messing with the center screen. I don't know for sure, he didn't get into full details.

Maybe a slider in rF2 to change the size of the menus would work out okay.

Or add config values so the user can manually change them to suit their needs. Kind of like Bethesda has with Fallout 3/NV and TES III and IV (Skyrim got consolitus and doesn't have it, but there is a 3rd party fix for it). That would probably be the easiest for ISI, to allow users to change the size and position of the UI via a config edit. Then no matter what resolution one used, they could adjust the UI to fit. Plus, that would work out fine for all 3 type triscreen systems. Us Matrox users wouldn't have to change anything, but ATI and NV could edit the size to suit their systems and resolutions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOeHld-jhU

13. BlaringFiddle5

AND .. if they let us adjust the UI scale, we could make it way smaller so that it wasn't all non-antialiased and pixelated :) It looks like it is meant to be much smaller and is blown up 200% or something right now :)

14. monkeysout

monkeysout Registered

+1

I would like this also. I race on 3 screens with a low grahics detail setting (low gpu spec) instead of 1 screen with maxed detail.

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

+1 here too.

This is a must have in 2012/13. It really needs to be developed soon, something like what iracing has would be perfect.

Also, BF3 has an option where you can scale the entire user interface so that for triples, you can make it a little smaller than usual so it doesn't all go off the edges - this require the entire UI be done like a plugtin though i think, like GID, etc.