Triple screen bezel overlap, inside or out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiffymarker, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Just curious what everybody is doing for bezel overlap on their setups. I can't decide what's best. I have a 6000x1080 bezel corrected resolution across 3x Acer gd235hz displays. Inside or out I can't get the lines to match up top AND bottom at the same time. 45° for the side displays. Multiview on.

2. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

BTW, I'm not looking to hear "whatever works best for you". I'm looking for correct, not subjective. Perhaps this could be a poll? Inside, outside or flush (side by side, no overlap). To me, it would seem a small amount of "zoom" on the side displays would about do it... maybe.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It may actually be the height of your monitors in relation to your eyes.
    Try lowering and raising your head to see if it makes a difference and then adjust the height of your seat or monitors to suit.

I have taken the case off my monitors ( de-bezeled ) which reduced my bezel from 19mm to 10mm.
    Side monitors are behind the centre monitor.
    I gave up trying to get things perfectly lined up, when I'm racing I don't notice if things aren't lined up millimetre perfect.

4. Steve Watts

Steve Watts Registered

What vertical FOV are you using?

The only documentation on multiview i've seen requires the screens to be angled at half the horizontal FOV. This is geometrically correct if you are replicating your real FOV, but causes the issues you describe if you are try to run a wider FOV.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

If i have now triple screen setup, i would remove the bezels like someone told some people do in some topic wich i can´t remember or find.

edit:

edit2:
    Just a little advice: once you go triple screen, don´t ever come back to singles. I just did this right now and now rf2 is almost unplayble to me now. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I do the same althought i haven't taking my housings off ........yet

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

well after seeing this i went up stairs and removed my bezel off one of my samsung 2233rz's i got really excited because the monitor was glourious without that ugly housing but the problem was the guts of the monitor are not attached to the screen so there is no way for me to mount them once the housing is off and the vesa mount mounts to the housing itself and not the guts like this dell does. Needless to say Im bumed :(

8. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

I use 30 degrees for fov. My eyes are 20.5" from the middle display. Calculated through MRPIX/Zeos tool.
    I would like to see this multiview document. I'm not sure I understand using half hfov for side angles... I've read on here somewhere that for now, the game "assumes" 45 degrees for the side monitors? Maybe I'm wrong...

9. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I think i see one of that several years ago for that fat tvs, but now is flexible :
    http://home.comcast.net/~rwkeating/autosim/th2go/

edit: maybe if put one frame around the flexible screens its possible to get good image and a kind of home made curved screen

edit 2: lol http://www.3dlens.com/shop/ This **** is crazy!
    I see in youtube some time some flexible screens to cell phones from some japanese company

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  10. Steve Watts

Steve Watts Registered