Transparent Trainer Question - how much data is written?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Jun 26, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all, I spotted this neat feature tonight as I finally upgraded to latest build after a few month's absence. It certainly will be an excellent training aid.

Yet I know that I'm a bit paranoid... but I run RF2 from an older SSD harddisk, and from what I know about that technology I try to avoid lots of small write operations since they eat up the lifetime of the Flash Memory.

So I'm wondering if someone knows how much data is written per lap to "store" the ghost car (if you take for example "Fastest" option to run against your fastest lap). This is the same reason why I'm currently avoiding replays... dunno, maybe I'm too worried about the technology but I already had SSDs go bad.

Thanks for anyone able to clarify,

Helmut

2. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

The Ghost Trainer lap is written in a [car].ttl file in your C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ folder for the track on which you're lapping. The file is named for the car you're driving, e.g. EVE F3.ttl. You will begin to see that the file depends a lot on the length of the track and the lap time: for instance, for three different cars on the LIENZ_GP circuit, the .ttl files are 274kB, 284kB and 288kB. A SkipB and Mégane at Lime Rock were only 88 & 75kB respectively.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks! It doesn't sound too bad, but I will check my own sizes to make sure.