Transparent Trainer (Ghost racing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes, I read that post too but what I am experiencing is not just that AI drivers are responding to the ghost and that the ghost is basically an AI driver ; I'm saying that the ghost is not a ghost at all but is in fact an AI driver b/c it responds to me. Does that makes sense? I agree it's possible that ISI understands this is a bug but the way the poster who described that is not what I am experiencing.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The TT seems very much like a WIP so I wouldn't sweat too much about it at the moment.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Agreed but I thought we were supposed to be testing this product?

4. coops

coops Banned

cannot see ghost car WHY?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Did you do a lap?

6. coops

coops Banned

yes... did fresh install and no trainer will do it again i think will work it out wont let it beat me .lol

7. concretec0w

concretec0w Registered

Hi. Having same problem here - no ghost after running a clean lap. The messages show that a best lap tt has been saved. Any ideas?

8. concretec0w

concretec0w Registered

Bump!

Anyone having this problem or am I being silly? ;)

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

On lime rock park no chacains it dosnt work in " fastest lap" move but does for "previous lap", on the chacain versions of lime rock it works , not tested on many other tracks, I'm assuming its because if beta?

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Depends on track. Previous build it wasn't working for me at Portugal and now it is. Like I said before, it seems very much a WIP.

11. concretec0w

concretec0w Registered

Tried all the LRP variations and did a lap. Can see the *.ttl files under player/settings/lrp* but still no ghosts being shown. I've tried same thing on palm beach too. Anyhoo. I hope it's fixed in the next build as I rely on ghosts a fair bit

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Hit or miss for me and also wired sometimes too for example I was just practicing at Croft and ghost didn't show up until 5th or 6th lap. Go figure...

13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It probably gave up the ghost waiting for you to finish a lap Kknorpp :p:D

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

15. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

The main thing for me is to be able to delete a ghost lap. I was fast-lapping once and not getting much better when I accidentally cut the track at a chicane which resulted in a significantly faster lap than could be achieved by driving it within the rules. Consequently, I could no longer chase a faster clean lap because the ghost was always a recording of the clumsy but fast lap short-cutting the chicane. It's also hard to post faster laps when I lock up a wheel going into a corner or two. My ghost's tires do NOT emit ghost tire smoke! It might be nice to have maybe an option to keep a small number of the fastest laps (1-5) and be able to restore previous fast laps or simply not record laps with corner-cutting or spins.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

See how to reset ghost here --> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ount-the-ways!?p=107939&viewfull=1#post107939

17. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

OK then, why is my ghost car on fire ??

Happens with the Lola on Orchard Lake and Sparks on Nords. Gonna be deleting some .ttl files for sure.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah I get ghosts on fire, with missing tires, etc. And inconsistent, too. I can resume from replay and get ghost on fire and same thing again and no fire. Go figure.

19. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Perfect Kknorpp001! Thanks. Although I think it was a lap at Montreal in an F2, I just discovered another I needed to delete: There was no way I was beating my 0:46 second ghost lap of Motorsport Ranch in the Clio! I can't remember now I managed to post a lap time and miss 15 seconds of track! :D

20. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

This is an old thread, I have always had the same problem over the course of many clean installs. Ghost works for a while, then it don't work no more.

The link in the above post about 'how to reset ghost' is dead. Does anybody know where it moved too?

Or what I need to do to make the ghost car work again? I deleted my TTL files that made no difference.