Track's update

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Gleidson, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Hey guys.

Whenever I update the AIW of a track, save as a new update, type 1.0 to 1.1, I test and everything is fine. If I leave the game and re-enter it, it returns the track to the old version, if I delete the old version folder it downloads it again and uses it.

How can I make the game keep the version I updated?

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

How do do you make the update? This have to be done with the mas2-tool. You must not change the mas-file which contain the AIW but use a copy of it

3. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I do this, copy the track folder to DEVMOD, edit the AIW line, use MAS2 to change the AIW inside the MAS file, repackage the track with a new version number, and click install. It works normal, then when I go to run again the launcher lowers the old track

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Try making a real update from, for example, 1.0 to 1.1. The update rfcmp should only contain the mas-files which have the updated file(s). This works perfect on my side. This works also for tracks from steam workshop

If you repack the whole track then unsubscribe the original version from steam workshop. It will alway return to the version you subscribed

juanchioooo and Gleidson like this.
  5. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

That must be it, I pack all the .but files like it's a new track, but with a different version number.

I'll just update and pack.

Thanks.

juanchioooo likes this.