TrackIR &/or other head tracking support

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by sf4JC, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It is quite nice find indeed, might be that my computer is just bit weak as it is really difficult to get it started, takes quite long time and there is quite bit of delay in movement.

Maybe I try to use video camera as it has webcam function and see if that is any better as it seems to loose track of face quite often, poor webcam or poor computer, maybe both.

2. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

Is it possible that you share your ingame settings also? Wich "cams" do you edit to get that completely free view?
    Also what are your Virtua Joystick settings (number and type of axes)?

Greets Modmate

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

@ modmate - I will be able to get to that within the next hour if all goes right and no interuptions

@ jtbo - You may not have enough lighting in front of you, or there may be light sources behind or to the side of you that are messing things up, I don't know.

Forgot to mention, modmate, I finally ended up putting the .ini settings in the video info section.

4. modmate

modmate Registered

Hi,

That would be great. Got your ini also, but i find the option:
    I got a ps3 eyecam wich so far i know achieve 60fps so should i change the values or maybe del that all?
    anyway, the most important part for me know is the PPjoy setup and rfactor2 ingame settings.

Greets Modmate

5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I'm going to say you can probably just leave it there, but if you have troubles reaching 60fps, maybe try and delete those lines, but I don't think it will give you a problem.

Here are my rFactor2 Camera settings...

[​IMG]

And here are the settings I used to setup the virtual joystick that I found in the documentation...

[​IMG]

6. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

Many thanks for your screens!!
    Just got some weird problems right now. It worked fine until i try to use it with my T500rs. Now (after reinstall everything) i cannot get it to work again. I can setup Noir and PPjoy like you did without problems but one difference, i have to set it do Digital1,...2 and so on. Analog wont give me any result. Anyway , i could set that up. I know it works cause i can press scan and ppjoy recognize my movement . But inside Rfactor 2 i just cannot set it up anymore, not even after a reinstall of rfactor 2...weird!!
    On the first try the movement was recognized but for i.e. look left it scans Joy1 Button1.( It does scan the axes correct before though)
    If i try to setup Joy2 it doesnt get recognized at all. WTH???
    Like i said, i`ve tried to reinstall anything with no luck. You`ve got any idea here?

Greets Modmate

7. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

Those with TrackIR might like to know that I have mine working with the TIRMouse exe. that can be found in the TrackIr program folder.

Just make a new profile and name "mouse" or whatever, and adjust to your liking. Then make a shortcut to the TIRMouse exe, and put on your desktop. Then create a key in RFactor controller menu to start free view,(I use Space). When you are ready to race, alt-tab out of rFactor2, and click on the shortcut you made. Go back into the game, click on Race, and use the free view key. TrackIR will move your mouse cursor allowing free view.
    It takes some adjusting of the TrackIR settings to get it smooth. I set speed to .8 and smooth to 25. Its not perfect, but it will do until the game enables TrackIR officially.

8. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Modmate, I will try and look into it tonight, hoping not to mess up my installation. Not sure why you are not getting any movement from Analog settings. Maybe try to create another virtual joystick with the documentation that came with FaceTrackNoIR. Then make sure you correctly appoint that virtual joystick in the Game Protocol-->Virtual Joystick-->Settings dialog.

Not sure why it went Digital, and I definitely have no idea as to what that difference would make since it is virtual. Can some how the virtual joystick get combined with your Wheel?

Scott

9. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

FINALLY! I got it working now. Well yes, a complete fresh windows install was needed, and also it was very important in wich order i install my controllers. I need to FIRST install and config my T500RS and the Shifter, set up as Joystick 1+2 (NO way to change that).
    Then i need to add 3 Virtua Joysticks and after that deinstall the first 2 devices manual . Then i can setup the 3rd VJ with your shared settings.(Analog works now, but dont press Scan!!)
    If i try to setup in any other order or with not plugged in wheel the wheeldriver overrides the VJ completely and mess up everything.(Really everything)
    After the first time though i restart my system and the ingame view was messed up and fixed in a bad angle. Happy though i backup my User Data Folder the first time .I overwrite the bad files with my backup and everything is fine. Strange! Seems that the VJ input is affecting any Config files withing rfactor2.

Anyway, im glad it works !!! Thanks again for your help mate!!

Regards Modmate

10. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Good to hear!

Scott

11. modmate

modmate Registered

First of all dust away.....

Sry for pushing an old thread but since we got the trackIR plugin finally it would be great to see some settings for FACETRACKNOIR again, mainly from sf4JC wich got the most common settings here.

Greets Modmate

12. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Sorry for the late reply, Modmate. I will try and get my settings up in the next few days. I am now using the Fake TrackIR protocol as the PPJoy one was a bit unhandy, though I did notice some advantages. I'll be back soon hopefully.

Scott

13. modmate

modmate Registered

No rush mate. Cant wait to try out your setup .

GReets

14. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I still haven't gotten around to this yet. I'm still wondering if my settings for the newer build (v1.7 revision109) need changing because I'm getting some bad movement that I don't like. I'll have to try the setup in v1.6 also for those waiting for v1.7 to come out (which may be a while), so as not to get conflicting setups. I've really been feeling kinda ill lately, and to add to that, some close relatives are going to be in town for a while keeping me busy playing tourist and such. So my time is going to be really short until next week. I don't want to keep you hanging, so I will try my best to get this done in the next 12-15 hours.

Scott

15. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

How much does this affect gameplay performance and FPS?

16. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

It may depend on if you've got a multicore CPU and how many cores as well. With that type of settup one can use it to run FaceTrackNoIR on one or two cores, and run rFactor on the rest of the cores. I use a program called PriFinitty64 to find the right combination of cores. A person can really harness the power of the CPU with this program.

But I think it's safe to say you will have some FPS loss with this software, I'm just not sure exactelly how much. I would say it's up to one's own preferences. I can definitely live with my setup, and I may even be able to tweak it better later.

Hope that somewhat helps with your question.

Scott

17. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Here's a couple of ini files for FaceTrackNoIR

Okay, if I did everything right, the following file is for FaceTrackNoIR(v160)...

View attachment rFactor0522121053v160.zip

The next one to follow is for FaceTrackNoIR(v170alpha rev109)

View attachment rFactor0522120948v170109.zip

Just unzip the .ini file into your Settings folder of FaceTrackNoIR. I elected to make the setup a little more responsive this go round, so see how you like it, becuase it will most definitely change again in the future.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. modmate

modmate Registered

Hey,

Thanks for your support mate!:D
    Thats working fantastic so far! Way better then mine does but still verry Jittery. The lightning should be enough and i also add a cleye.cfg to let my pseye cam run at 50fps. Would love to get more fps unlocked but i guess its restricted to the headtracking free version.
    Does the FAcetracknoir V170 got any performance boost or maybe better compatibility?
    Is there any way to get it via SVN or you know about any ETA?

GReets and Thanks Modmate

19. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

You can also use FreeTrack --> http://www.free-track.net/english/
    It does require you to create a cap or headset with LEDS (preferably IR) but this is very easy, cheap and well explained. Worked like a charm for me for LFS :)

20. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I would really have to talk to v4friend to see if there has been a change in performance and such this go around. As far as getting it before release, yes you can get it through the SVN repository, BUT, you will need to have the means to build it with something like Visual Studio 2005/2008/2008 Express. Now for the ETA of v170 , it seems as though from my perspective, there isn't a date/month set for it yet that I am aware of.

Scott

EDIT: Yes BrokkelPiloot, FreeTrack does have it's advantages and disadvantages. I loved the precisness of it in an aircraft cockpit at the time.