TrackIR & driver swaps

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by "Phil", May 20, 2020.

1. "Phil"

"Phil" Registered

TrackIR does not load when entering car from "spectate" mode. Can this be corrected? I'm on a single screen and I rely on head movement to see around me. A fix would be much appreciated.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The only work-around I can think of, requires you to start the driving and then don't get back in. ( that might mean double stints or extra drivers)
    Track IR is an old solution that, while useful, probably does not have a large enough installed base of rF2 users for the team to devote time to investigate the issue. There are several other issues involving setups and damage that also plague multi-driver endurance racing. I would think those would see a fix long before a Track IR issue, and THOSE have been known for over a year.

3. "Phil"

"Phil" Registered

Thanks for the reply. Are there any "new" solutions besides triple monitors or VR that you know of?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

both of those options are possible with rF2, but especially VR, you need a powerhouse Graphic card and cpu. I'm not aware of any framerate comparisions between VR and Triple screens. That might be a project for some techy user.