Tracking camera FOV

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Zdenek Kalal, May 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Zdenek Kalal

Zdenek Kalal Registered

I need to modify FOV of tracking cameras on a track.
    Using MAS2.exe tool, I extracted the .cam file and modified corresponding FOVs for each defined camera:

TrackingCam=TRACKING1
    {
    Fov=(5, 5)
    }

Then, I saved the mas file using the tool (CTRL+S) and opended rFactor2.
    rFactor2 recognized the change and started installing the package. But then was not showing the track for selection. This has been fixed, when I manually changed hash in .mft file. The package was installed, recognized, but the camears still have its default FOV in range (5,25) or something similar.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't just edit a file and put it back in the .mas - it will now fail verification and not be available. In ModMgr it will probably show as damaged or something.

You need to package an update for the track with your changes, and install that update. The original track files remain unchanged.

3. Zdenek Kalal

Zdenek Kalal Registered

Thanks for the hint. I tried the following:

1. In MAS2.exe new project
    2. Add modifiec .cam file
    3. Click on package icon "create the package file"
    4. Select "Create New Mod Package"
    5. Mod name -> "track_update", Next
    6. Select TRack -> Next
    7. Select Vehicles -> Next
    8. Done

Jumps to Advanced dialog "create Mod Package".
    Check "Update from" Checkbox. I expect to specify somewhere the "base package". But does not see how to do that.

The package I want to modified was installed using "workshop" and is located in my case here:
    d:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\FSR-Barcelona\1.4\

Contains these files:
    FSR-Barcelona.mas
    FSR-Barcelona.mft
    FSR-Barcelona_ANIMs.mas
    FSR-Barcelona_GMTs.mas
    FSR-Barcelona_MAIN.mas
    FSR-Barcelona_MAPs.mas

Thank you.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Zdenek Kalal I don't have the experience, knowledge, or resources at hand to step you through it.

But what you want is to create a .rfcmp (component) that updates the track with your changes. You then install that component in rF2.

Creating the mod package to 'join' the track(s) and car(s) you want to use in a series (or on a server) is a separate step.

5. Zdenek Kalal

Zdenek Kalal Registered

Thank you for the hint. It was enough to do what I needed.
    To wrap up. To update camera file, it is not possible just to modify the corresponding mas file. Instad it is needed to extract the mas package, modify camera nad package the mas file again. Then take all the packages from the whole track and create a track component from it. This is essentially a new track which you have to install into rF2.
    This tutorial was also very useful: Getting started to … package a rFactor2-Mod – CTDP Development Blog

6. svictor

svictor Registered

It is not required to package all mas files for a new rfcmp.

Upgrades rfcmp on top of original track works fine and much smaller size, but it needs one important additional step, which you were missing, hence it did not work. It is slightly different than packaging a vehicle upgrades.

The missing additional step to make a working track upgrades is to include:
    1. Layout mas file, which contain SCN, CAM, AIW, etc
    2. The mas file that contains *.TDF file (it may vary depend on mods, usually TDF is included in a single separate mas file with track Icon.dds)

You can find full steps described here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....res-le-grand-circuit-1967.61903/#post-1068995