Track side camera's control...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matthijs080, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Matthijs080

Matthijs080 Registered

In the replay i use the track side camera with free move to search for a new camera view point to watch the race action or to capture some race moments.

1. Is it possible to fix/focus the free move camera on a car? instead of pan the camera with your mouse to follow the car?
    2. Does anybody have experience with using game controller to control the free camera's ?
    3. Like Assetto Corsa, is it possible to edit the fixed tv camera positions ? for example in notepad...

Thanx!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Matthijs080

Matthijs080 Registered

To answer point 2 :
    I have connected my xbox controller(PC) to my computer and asigned the different axis and buttons to the camera functions within rfactor 2. The problem was, the deadzone can't set within the game, so when using the controller to steer the free move camera during replay, it starts to spin out of control.

Solution : first asign the controller in the game. Then go to your rfactor 2/UserData/player folder and edit the file : controller.json
    For my case it was the controller 2 so :

"Controller 2 Axis X Zone": [
    ],

Now your deadzone of the asigned sticks is not 0% but in this case 50% (between 25 and 75) Do this for all the assigned axis on your controller. Beware not to edit your Steeringwheel and pedal axis.