Track not showing up in Dev Mode menu

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Sub, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Sub

Sub Registered

I've been beating my head against this for the past couple of days and it's finally come to a forum post.

I've got a track that i built in BTB, but that i stripped of all textures with the intention of refining and retexturing in 3DS Max. I've been cleaning it up in Max for awhile now and finally got to a point where i wanted to see if i could get it in game. I went through the steps in the stickied thread to familiarize myself with the process and then started in on my track.

I've got the file structure set up right (i think), i've got all the xsectors in that i should need, i grabbed the AIW and cam files from the old rf1 export, I exported an SCN file from Max and edited it to match the Joe's Speedway one, i grabbed a tdf file and a gdb file from Joe's Speedway as well and edited those to fit my situation. Still no luck.

I have a feeling that i don't have the textures set up just right, but it doesn't seem like that would keep it from showing up in the Dev Mode track menu. The idea right now is just to get the thing in there in a minimal state so i can start building on it. I've only got 3 road textures set up and i've borrowed textures from here or there just to make sure every object has something on it. I'm really at a loss beyond that.

I've zipped up my venue folder (it's just under 8mb) with the hope that someone here would be able to see what i'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

*removed link*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

rename "SkoggitCounty" at the very top of the gdb to ... Skoggit

edit: also rename your .scn to skoggit

it will show up in game menu...i didnt try to load it though :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  3. MJP

MJP Registered

As Jim has mentioned you need to do some renaming, dunno if you want it called Skoggit or SkoggitCounty but the trackname folder, the prefix of the files inside that folder and the top line in the GDB need to match.

However it still won't load because your SCN file is referencing a load of GMT files that aren't in your download.

4. Sub

Sub Registered

That did it! I'd been awake and staring at it all for far too long. I've still got to export all the GMT objects to get it fully loading, but it finally appeared in the Dev Mode track listing. Thanks a million for your help! If i don't screw anything else up along the way, this will set me free to start building and texturing to my heart's content. :)