Track Limits? Nascar & Indycar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Aug 22, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Watching the Indy cars at Road America a week or two ago, and some of the Nascar event at Watkins Glen, makes me wonder how the new rF2 track limits will function. The Cup cars were 2 & 3 car widths outside the curbing that one would consider the outer edge. And not just when one car went wide, they ALL were well outside the turn at several spots on the track.
    At Road America, Turn 1 the cars also would swing well past the painted line that should have been the track limit. How strange that rF2 strengthens track limits enforcement when these series almost ignore the concept.

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Well you can turn them off

davehenrie likes this.
  3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I was going to post something similar after the Indy weekend with IndyCar and NASCAR Series both running on the same track. NASCAR was not enforcing any track limits same as they do at all road courses as far as I've seen. Except going straight through the inner loop and requiring cars to come to a complete stop.

IndyCar gave someone a penalty for track limits and the Indy RC track and they were told to let 2 cars by.

As far as IndyCar at Road America, the track could be edited for an event to allow more lenient track limits at turns 1, 5 and the final turn.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered