Track grip levels question and request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nibo, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

My biggest problem with rF2 now is that it seems tracks have no grip at all by default. Its very confusing, because I can not differentiate if its the car lacking the grip or a track. After I run some AIs around in time acceleration mode grip starts to build up. But its very time consuming and, forgive me saying this, stupid to run bots around every time I enter the track just to have some grip. Also, I`m never driving offline with AIs, I like to drive on a track alone.

Let say in relative terms average track in rF1 had grip equal to 0. Lets say wet track in rF1 had grip -10.

Can some one from ISI tell me in relative terms how much grip a dry track in rF2 have when it loads up? To me it feels like it has initial track grip around -8...-5, which feels like wet track, which is wrong. Even dry track that had no races for some months must not feel like wet track.

How far grip can build up with the time? Is it infinite? Like +1 point of grip every lap?

So I want to make this request, please, please implement a "Default track grip" slider in race session setup screen, so that I can set it to my liking and drive rF2 comfortably. I imagine this process of running AIs around can run offline before or after track loads, for x laps selected by proposed slider. Without loading actual AIs to track. Or there must be some other way...
    I posted this right after initial release, but 5 month later there is still no way to set grip.

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

At a circuit like Monaco for instance, you'd expect lap-times from Free Practice 1 to Qualifying to improve by about 2-3 seconds. Although taking Free Practice 1 results means that there has been 90 minutes running with 20 odd cars. First competitive flying laps around the circuit were in the 1'18's IIRC whilst by the end of the session they were into the 1'16s. So you're looking at significant time differences although some of that is down to setup and learning the track too.

But yeh if you want to practice some laps and don't have much time to spare it would be nice to have a pre-rubbered-in track available.

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Yeah this was discussed before but i would add a big "pleeeease" ISI. Not saying it should happen immediately but can we at least know if you plan to do this?

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

It isn't infinite, and at some point it will be saturated. When this happens isn't set in stone. Right now, if you want a nice grippy groove, let 20 AI cars do a handful of laps (use time acceleration :) !). So let's say 100 laps?

Five months ago, it was stated that RealRoad wasn't final, and it was said that a better preset value or a slider would indeed be nice when it gets an overhaul. RealRoad hasn't really changed drastically over those five months, so it is therefore safe to assume that it still isn't final yet. Don't worry :) .

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I will have to wait until its ready then. Now its almost game breaking for me.