Track Abbreviations and Acronyms

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Dany Mitchel, May 14, 2012.

1. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi I am looking for some help
    I am running a new league system for rFactor2 and the software is asking for certain data when I am setting it up
    1 of the sections ask me to enter the Short name for the tracks this name must be no more than 4 letters
    I have opened 1 of the results XML to see if this information is held with in but the only names I can find are to long and not an
    Abbreviations or Acronyms so I was thinking if anyone might know it is the Guy and Gals that are Modding the tracks.
    If anyone can throw some light on this for me I would be for ever grateful
    I have managed to find the Abbreviations and Acronyms for Monaco it is MC seems simple But I can not find any other track Abbreviations and Acronyms on the net
    with out this info the system will struggle to match the track to the race so any help would be greatly received,
    Many thanks for your ongoing support of this Game it is your modding that gives this title a greater shelf life Kudos and please keep it up.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Hi Dany,
    I don't know what software you are using, I'm currently one of the admins for our local rF1 league, we use SLS for that and in setting it up it asks for short names, so I just went with what I thought was good at the time, eg Eastern Creek became ECK and Melbourne became MEL. Those short names are used in some of the reporting so, for us, making them as relevant as possible was the key.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Goanna

1 person likes this.
  3. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Yes it dose help me a lot that is the same software we are using so now I know I can make them up my Self
    and one other thing when you add tracks to the software
    under
    DICTIONARIES/TRACKS would it be like this for adding tracks
    Track Name* Inner Loop C
    Track name reported by sim: Mills Metropark
    or is it the other way around
    Many thanks for your help on this one I was well stuck My XML are not uploading and I thought it was the short name but I am guessing I have my tracks named wrong

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Does SLS work for rF2? I thought Maxym was working on it...haven't been over there for quite a while to check lol. In the dictionary I generally put the "Track name reported by sim" the same as <TrackEvent> in the xml ie for Mills would be Inner Loop C.... having said that I just checked one we ran recently and what we've got in the dictionary doesn't match with the xml, but still imported ok...a quick read of the manual say that the reported by sim name is mainly used for the live viewing....

Cheers

Goanna

5. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Yes they updated the the software to support rf2 now
    thanks for the information that cleared a lot up

6. les

les Registered

where can i get the software for sls please

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

English Support forum -> here.