Tools for car modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MHansen, May 25, 2015.

1. MHansen

MHansen Registered

Hi all,

I would like to know whether anyone knows of a good tool for creating the .hdv file. I have tried with carfactory, but I could even get it started.
    The problem is that I am a physicist, not an engineer. So even though I understand some of the physics, I have no real way to apply it to a calculation of a car.
    If anyone can provide a decent expiation on the different calculations regarding car physics, I might be able to put a decent tool together.

Cheers

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Physics are a very complex theme. Maybe this can help you getting started:

3. Butters

Butters Registered

4. MHansen

MHansen Registered

I find that there is a lot in the spreadsheet I really don't know what is. But I was actually looking for a tool for creating the HDV file, not the PM file. It is as much an all-in-one tool to make the necessary calculations as it is a way to avoid having to type a lot.
    From my perspective it could be useful when starting a new vehicle, that you could plug in the relevant data and then get an HDV file out. From that knowledge you could then further use the spreadsheet or pTool to get a more precise model.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, sorry, that was my fault. I forgot that there still is the "basic" version of the spreadsheet available in the Dev-Section.