too many USB connections?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyloki, Apr 6, 2016.

1. keyloki

keyloki Registered

Does anyone know the effect of USB connections on FPS? I have my wheel/pedals, tach stand, DSD button box, printer..etc. does the resource use hurt all that much?

TIA,
    Kyle

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    I am not a computer expert
    But cor the most part frame rates numbers are more dependent on the vid card more then anything else.
    The usb ports as many as you have might be using cpu resources so if you are seeing like lag or stalls in game it might be that.
    I would think a simple way to test would be unplug one or to things and run the game and see if it runs smotther.

Ruben

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

IiRC each motherboard USB controller takes a set amount of system resources it will never exceed and even then it's going to be utterly dormant unless it's being used by you/the system. I've got a tablet, two gamepads, a wheel, my WIFI antenna keyboard, mouse, my phone, a scanner etc. attached and it doesn't make even a tiny difference. Any slowdown related to USB devices you've seen/experienced would have been down to software related to those devices and even then I doubt it'd have been significant.

4. Skan

Skan Registered

It is possible to strain a power supply via USB. Devices that receive power through the USB cord specifically. That strain could oddly affect other things as the power supply eventually dies. Hopefully none of this applies to You.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered