Toggle the Replay Console off / on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarkP, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MarkP

MarkP Registered

After about a year and a half in rFactor2, I'm finally getting around to exploring those aspects of the sim that have not gotten my full attention.
    Among these items, is a thorough examination of the Replay feature. i recently acquired a graphics card that came with a video screen capture
    utility, and along with the ancient version of Final Cut Pro that I own, my creative juices began to flow. It is easily possible to capture video
    of multiple car angles, but there are two issues that I would hope have either have addressed, or will be in the future.

1. Camera Offset: Rotating the camera position in "free view" has the "center of interest" somewhere other than would be ideal for good composition.
    Does there exist, anywhere in any of the massive data files that define the rF2 environment, a means to offset the camera, to ultimately adjust the
    location of the car in the frame?

2. And this is directly related to number 1. Is there any way to turn off the Replay Console at the bottom of the frame, and have a clear, uncluttered
    full frame for recording video? The center of interest is such that the Replay Console often comes close to obscuring the car. If I could tilt the camera
    down a little bit (as in item #1) this problem would be secondary.

Thanks!

MarkP

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Cam offset, well yeah, you could tweak existing trackside cams in mod dev, there is an "offset x y z" function in the cam editor.

If you don't want to do that, you could also experiment with using free look (default U) while watching the tracksides, slightly move the mouse to offset the tracking cams to your liking, you'd get some "alternative angles" for sure. ;)
    That would obviously only work for one cam at a time, but if you're messing around with Final Cut and a ton of clips you're editing together, maybe it could be something for you to try. :)

EDIT:
    Oh and iirc, you turn the console off by pressing ENTER.

3. MarkP

MarkP Registered

I just went back and bashed the keyboard and found ENTER, you beat me to my own reply ;) I will check out those other options. Thanks!

4. Gupster

Gupster Registered

After you toggle to freemove you can move the cam.
    in camera section of controller settings

"Control - Camera Move Backward":[
    ],
    "Control - Camera Move Down":[
    ],
    "Control - Camera Move Forward":[
    ],
    "Control - Camera Move Left":[
    ],
    "Control - Camera Move Right":[
    ],
    "Control - Camera Move Up":[