Toggle AI Control-Driver Hot Swap to select another car to drive

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by delpinsky, Oct 27, 2017.

1. delpinsky

delpinsky Registered

Hi guys, my idea comes from the glorious Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series:
    Hot Seat Multiplayer mode on the same PC.

Have you ever played rFactor with friends at home? If it's so, the only way to play together is to drive hotlaps or to give them your car to drive, during a race weekend, using the pause key or the Toggle AI Control key and Driver Hot Swap key. But they can't play against you on the same PC.

Is it possible to implement the option to select another car to drive pressing + & - keys and take control of this car, after AI takes control of your car, leaving your original car to AI control?

This way, the Driver Hot Swap would allow your friend/s to play against you using different car/s.

When your friends turns are over and you want to take back the control of your original car, you just press Toggle AI Control key, then View Original Vehicle key and bingo, you press Driver Hot Swap key and you drive again your original car.

Is this something that can be implemented without too much trouble?
    Because theoretically it looks "easy" and doesn't require extra coding, but I'm not a developer, so.. :)

What do you guys think about this? Could be useful?
    My friends from time to time come at home to drive with my sims and always ask me if it's possible to recreate what we used to do with Geoff Crammond Granbd Prix games.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    peterchen likes this.