Tire-Temperatures in pitmenue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by keanos, Jan 12, 2012.

1. keanos

keanos Registered

I set the the measurement units to metric, and in the pitmenue I still get the tire temps in imperial.

2. Kev

Kev Registered

Me too. Also springs in lbs/inch and tire pressure in bars...

3. RussD

RussD Registered

^ This

4. Nick7575

Nick7575 Registered

I'm having a problem whereby sometimes (say one in every few race sessions) the tire temperature indicators simply don't work, i.e. they don't change colour when driving & just stay green for the whole race session... I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this??

5. Kyle House

Kyle House Registered

I can second what Nick has found, it actually happens more often than not.

What else bugs me is the tires in all of the mods seem to cool much too quickly on the straights. They heat up in the corners but drive in a straight line for a period of time and they fall back down to 30-40 C regardless of how hot they were in the corner.

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

@Kyle: Agreed! At least the FR3.5 tires seem to fluctuate between high and low temps very rapidly. It's impossible to heat the tires on a formation lap since they cool off in no time at all.

7. Kev Higgins

Kev Higgins Registered

Yes! Finally someone else with this issue! I have this too. It's not all the time, so it's difficult to really report. When it works, there is colour on this display, damaged car parts show and the tyres light up in a lovely way. When it doesn't for me, the tyre temprature still shows, but the rest of the display is greyed out, and doesn't show when the car is damaged.

8. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

same here, sometimes the working part is below the diagonal only - above all is grayed out

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

^^ That has been reported about a 100 times already, it's a known problem, can occur on any car on any track, and seems to be totally random. ^^