Tire Punctures + Realistic Damage Please

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlackGoku, May 18, 2017.

1. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

Hello, I know you are improving the simulator with DX11 + VR + User Interface.

But there is also some more important things that need to be fixed and improved in order to make this simulator more real.

If we talk about Tire Punctures, they don't exist in rFactor 2... that gives you the possibility of taking a tire during 1000000000000 laps and it will be still driveable because it won't have a puncture. We need the punctures like rFactor 1 in the Wasting and also in the Damage because its a very important part in races strategies and the realism of the simulator.

If we talk about Damage, I could notice that using 100% in IndyCar + Indianapolis Oval track, you can hit the wall about 370 km/h and nothing happens... any damage in the car if you touch it just a little. In real life, the car would be destroyed. I am not talking about making the realistic damage iRacing has (it would be possible) but at least the same realistic damage rFactor 1 has. In rFactor 1, you can't hit the wall like you do in rFactor 2.

Damage in rFactor 2 with the tyres when hit walls looks like a gum... nothing happens and any damage.

These are important things that rFactor 2 needs to fix.

Thanks for reading me.

RoboCAT10, Louis and Guimengo like this.
  2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

MarcG likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

we need more official content first

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Developers that work on the core sim (code) are not building the content anyhow. Basically the more content argument has been thrown ever since 2012, and now we have 3 or 4 times the content than when rF2 started and 10 times the stock content that rF1 had.

bwana likes this.
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This is the internet.... everything is never enough.

bravotangosix likes this.
  6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

LOL!
    We are faaar away from "everything"!
    rF2 needs complete series and you know that!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no it needs ice cream vans & a track that has a high tower with a flashing light on top

EDIT: gosh I nearly forgot, it needs donut stands I like donuts

bwana likes this.
  8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have to say that I also miss the possibility to get a flat tire. Not only after exceeding lifetime but especiallly after running over other car debris.

I guess the problem resides in tire tool not being able to provide accurate results for very low tire pressures. I see no other reason. Having a flat tire should affect the equation where the internal pressure of the punctured tire is calculated. Instead of relating it to tire temperature and initial pressures it should start reducing to zero with a given air leak speed.

9. patchedupdemon

Really wow,that's quite bad then,if the official content we have now is really ten times more than rf1,then boy,I'm glad I wasn't sim racing then,rf2 has no official content full series selection,name the official cars we and tracks we have,bet you can count them both on your hands

10. patchedupdemon

I discount mods because most are sub par,sorry if this offends you,but it's fact,hell most of the official content feels wacky to drive,because they are just obscure cars

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Bit confused about what your after ? You do realise licensed official content pretty much just changes the name from Darche to Porsche for instance yet the cars often feel the same.. Rf1's best content was 3rd party mods . Hundreds of them

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+ 1 for flatspots and more realistic damage model. But I don't agree that atm you can hit wall as you please. I guess it's mod depandant. Try EGT mod with 100% damage for example (would say cars brake even too easy in this case).

13. stonec

stonec Registered

From top of my head, I bet you haven't even tried all of the below combos. Even the semi official ones basically behave same as official, they just use invented names like "Howston". Most tracks also include many layouts, so if you include all the layouts, you easily have 30+ tracks to drive on.

Tracks (official):
    Atlanta Motorsports Park
    Lime Rock Park
    Mores
    Sepang
    Silverstone
    Indy
    NOLA
    Estoril
    Interlagos
    Bathurst

Semi-official:
    Spa historic
    Monza historic
    Monaco historic
    Quebec (kart)
    Mountain Peak
    Around 5 more ovals I can't remember the exact names of

Fantasy layouts (officially included):
    Toban
    Mills

Cars (official):
    FR3.5
    F2
    Marussia F1
    Corvette C6.R
    Camaro
    Civic BTCC
    Nissan GTR
    Nissan 370Z
    Nissan GT500
    Skip Barber
    USF2000
    Brabham 1966

Semi-official:
    Formula ISI
    Howston G4
    Howston G6
    Howston Dissenter
    Stock cars
    Panoz Roadster
    Karts
    Historic open wheels

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not sure how many fingers you have... but I am unable to count the official content on just two of mine.

15. BlackGoku

BlackGoku Registered

What more do you want? You have F1 2012 (Formula ISI 2012), you have Formula Renault 3.5, you have Formula 2, you have USF 2000, you have karting, you have gt2 or gt3, you have indycar, you have stock car, you have clio cup, you have megane trophy, you have Honda Civic, you have nissan gtr, you have skip barber, you have historic F1, F2 and F3 cars, you have historic F1 tracks, you have oval and road tracks, you have the Mercedes SLS Safety car, etc...

Come on man, stop complaining. I hope Studio 397 will make more content and I hope they will have official license but you have to remember that having a licence costs money and that means they maybe would have to sell DLC instead of giving you the content for FREE.

And remember... you have thousands of mods made by community with amazing quality in the internet.

Rui Santos likes this.