Tire Modeling Tutorial

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Robert Symonds, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Robert Symonds

Robert Symonds Registered

So I have been banging my head off the wall to try and figure out tire modeling by I just am not getting it. I was wondering if someone could possibly help me out. I'd be willing to even pay someone to show me around and tell me what I am doing wrong. I have resized the tire and regripped via the online tools website, attempted to run it on the track and it acts like the tire is sitting below the surface or getting no grip.

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you adjust the radius in the .tbc?

3. Robert Symonds

Robert Symonds Registered

Yes I have via the rFactor online tools website.

4. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, here is a few thing from what I know:
    1. choose a TGM sample with RIM size (radius) that matches TBC file is most important (yes, matching RIM radius, not tyre radius). This is essential for avoiding tyre that sinking into ground or other strange behavior.
    2. Properly separate tyre model/material and assign "Deformable Tire" to the material. This is essential to make visual deformation working correctly, and once you do, the tyre actually visually resize itself when you change SizeMultiplier in TGM.
    For example, the tyre surface mesh should be a separated material that has a "_TTREAD" suffix, and tyre wall mesh should have "_TWALL" suffix. If you not sure about this, check skipbarber's tyre GMT.