Tire effects no longer working after a fresh install (Build 146)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Twista, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Twista

Twista Registered

This is the first time I've done a fresh install since the beta went public in 2012, so I backed up the UserData folder, as well as my packages, and uninstalled/deleted everything else related to rFactor 2 on my computer, and reinstalled using the Build 146 installer. Everything works just as before, except the absence of the graphical flatspots, and tire wear. However, it's still felt physcially. I also can also see a tread imprint on the FISI hard compound slick. And also the tire textures for both regional and national tires are same on the Skip Barber.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I see the flatspots. Make sure your graphics settings are where they were previous. Also, the skipbarber tires "bug" has already been reported.

3. Twista

Twista Registered

They are identical. I run at high settings, 720p, with 4x anisotropic filtering. I figured my issue was rather unique if it hasn't already been reported, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways. :)

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

In settings is your player detail set to "Full"?

5. Twista

Twista Registered

Setting it to 'full' defaulted it to 0. It was previously at 3.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

So with it set to "full" are you still having the same issue? That's the million dollar question. :p

7. Twista

Twista Registered

Yeah, it still wasn't working. I've tried it on a few cars, so it's not an exclusive problem, either.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

put a copy of your plr file on your desktop then delete the one in your rf2 folder. Go back into game and set your graphics settings again. See if that works. If not, I'm out!! :D

9. Twista

Twista Registered

I give up too. :rolleyes: No change. I'll just wait until the next build and do another full reinstall then and see if it persists.

EDIT: In fact, I'll try reinstalling without bringing over any UserData and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure either if I see any graphical change in tyres... recently done an update to build 146. What should the texture settings be?