Tire Allocation

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by claytonbrown, Feb 10, 2017.

1. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Can folks please bump this up so that it gets the correct attention?

I'm sorry but I just don't understand how something like this wasn't included from day one, and how people are okay with it still not being included.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the below bold options. In the garage your tires wouldn't be "Medium", "Soft", but rather; "Medium 1", "Medium 2", etc.
    Tire Allocation - On / Off
    pretty straight forward
    Allocation Starts - Practice / Qualifying / Race
    When do you select your tires? For example, if Qualifying is selected. Tires are unlimited during practice, but at the start of Qualifying you are prompted to allocate your tires - which carry over to the race.
    Tire Sets - <insert #> / Event Selected
    If this is set to, say 5, then you can choose 5 tire sets. If it is set to "event selected" the server / admin would specify - for example, 2 sets of medium, 3 sets of soft.
    Tires Reused - Yes / No
    example using 2 Mediums, 3 Softs: When this is set to "No" - you run a stint on Mediums, pit, and put on Mediums again. When you return to the box you no longer have Mediums. If this were set to "Yes" you could return to the box and put on that first set of Mediums (which would now have signs of wear).
    Start Race on Qualifying Tires - Yes / No
    Pretty straight forward. You could make different rules if you wanted, but I think the "fastest qualifying lap" is a pretty good starting point to be a default.

I think as a bear minimum 397 need to make it an option to start the race on qualifying tires, as well as an option to have the server tell you what tires to use.

PLorenti likes this.
  2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Already discussed here to some extend. I think S 397 is looking into those things.

3. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

+1

F1 Tire rules plugin would be nice.