Tire Allocation

Discussion in 'Modding' started by claytonbrown, Feb 9, 2017.

1. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Hi -

Setting up a dedicated server, and one of the things on our "wish list" was to have tire allocation.

One way we thought about solving this was if we could remove the option to get new tires. So instead of choosing between "Soft" and "Medium", you'd have "Soft 1", "Soft 2", Medium 1", "Medium 2", etc. In order for this to work, we'd need a way to record the state of each tire - at least the wear % (not necessarily the flat spots and what not). So when you're done using the "Soft 1" tires it records the state they're in, and over writes the default "Soft 1" - which is fine because there is only 1 "Soft 1", only 1 "Soft 2", etc. Maybe this would require each driver having a separate car. i.e. instead of 22 "F1 2009 v5" cars, you'd have 1 "F1 2009 v5_Red Line", 1 "F1 2009 v5 Apex Racing", etc.

You'd be able to do a stint on "Soft 1", return to the garage and pick "Medium 1", drive around for a while, and put "Soft 1" back on and those tires would have the level of wear you ended with from that first stint. The idea is that the "race" starts in practice. Locking up in the first 30 mins of practice and ruining a set of tires has consequences for the race.

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I don't think thats posible but how about parc ferme that should stop people changing tires before race starts

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Parc ferme also stops you changing tyres during the race, unfortunately (plus it doesn't really fulfil the wish here).

This is definitely a wishlist item, something that's been asked for quite a few times and we haven't seen any progress on it. Right now rF2 doesn't even pass through tyre wear/damage from qual to race for those in parc ferme. I say 'even' because rF1 did do that, but it also had much simpler tyre wear which made it a simpler implementation. I'm not sure we'd ever see full tyre wear being passed around because of sheer data volume, but a simplification would be good too (series like F1 I think they can shave the tyres or something, so small flatspots etc aren't relevant anyway).

You can't stop people getting new tyres, and getting something running that could reinstate tyre wear (even simplified) would basically be the same as just making a tyre allocation tool - and just as difficult. Here's hoping we get some progress in this area (and, indeed, in many rules-related areas) soon.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I only did it in rf1 so not sure about rf2 but i thought i used a combination of parc ferme and fixedsetup.gal to set what can be changed in pit stops.

It would be a welcomed feature to do what the OP is asking

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Thanks. This is all so disappointing haha. We've been talking about this for a while. Finally decided, "let's do it!" ... only to find out it can't be done.