Thrustmaster TX feel

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jimortality, Oct 1, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality Registered

I've been looking through some old threads to try and find my answer and I've read quite a lot of good info but I'm trying to find some settings to get more straight line road feel through my wheel without increasing multiplier. I've been away from this sim for about 6 months and corner feel is fantastic. I realise it's track dependent and car set up dependent as well but wondered If I',m missing something. I have TM Control panel at 70 100 0 0 900 degrees spring by the game. I've had a little mess with the steering torque but I'm loathe to go too high with that. I also realise it's personal preference and each car is different but If any TX owners could throw some settings at least I can try them all and see. I'm currently on Mountain peak track. Cheers

2. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

I use 75% overall strength, which is the default AFIAK, and I feel the wheel translates Rf2s ffb wonderfully. For me it's also car dependant. Never used a servo wheel, but with regards to low-mid range wheels, I think that with a TX you won't be missing much.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I use:

auto-center by the wheel: 0

Rotation 400deg
    It might be with rotation at 900 there is a dampening feel. I only do old open wheelers.

I set in-game gain to 1.0 - 1.2 depending on how hard I feel like working. Right now at 1.1. Allows more feel of small inputs at expense of quicker saturation (clipping) on big inputs. But it runs without clipping 95% of the time.

You're right... very track dependent. Running Oulton right now... very bumpy/active surface. Went to Bathurst a couple of days ago and it felt like a billiard table.

Side note: If you ever get "input controller change was detected" and the wheel goes into calibration mode, remove all your other USB devices and test. I found in particular that my USB wireless mouse was causing this randomly at least every other session. I might be the only who suffered this but it drove me crazy for months.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015