Thrustmaster TS500 driver uninstall

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by steveluppino, Apr 13, 2013.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I installed the driver package "2012 TTRS 3" on my computer for my TM FerrariF1 wheel. I then added a shortcut of its control panel to my desktop. I then decided to uninstall the driver because I bought a Clubsport wheel and wanted to install its drivers. But when I uninstalled the TM program from the programs list I noticed that the shortcut on the desktop was still there. I then reinstalled my very first controller, a G25 and its driver and when I ran the wheel it went off center. I didn,t know what to do so I uninstalled the G25 driver and opened the control panel of the TM that was still on my desktop and strange enough the G25 showed up there and showed that it was off centered. So I recalibrated there. I'd like to know how that was possible since I uninstalled the TM drivers. Obviously the drivers are still on my computer and seem to have control of other devices. I even ended up installing the Clubsport wheel and its drivers to the computer but it doesn't seem to work properly. Some of the tuning functions dont work and FFB is weak. I don't know if the wheel is faulty or if there is a driver conflict. I'm not good with computers but thats what it looks like. When I open the TM's control panel's properties and click on "Open File Location" it actually goes to "C:\Windows\System32\control.exe joy.cpl" which is actually the control panel for the computer and the TM is nowhere to be found. I'd like to locate the TM drivers to remove them from my computer and test other devices but I don't know where to look. Does anyone have any idea or have had the same issue? Any help is most welcome.

2. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Correction: the FFB and all other tuning functions except for the Spring function on the Clubsportwheel are working. Changing the centering spring value has no effect on the feel of the wheel. Does setting it to OFF supposed to get rid of the notchy feel at center even at high speeds? I remember the Thrustmaster had this characteristic and you could not turn off the spring only set it to 0 but it still had the notchy feel at the center. Now the Clubsport wheel feels the same even with the spring turned of which makes me wonder if it is a driver conflict.