Thrustmaster TS PC config. Jumps, grainy and other movements.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by subarer, Dec 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. subarer

subarer Registered

Hi all. Im trying all types of config in mi ts-pc but its impossible to fix a grainy steering, jumps and left-right spins. All is updated, all is working properly on others sims but I dont know how to fix it. I find this problem always since a big update in the past. smoothing dont fix the problem and I tryied lots of configs. I dont find any solution in internet about this.

2. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Registered

Maybe Steering Help is activated!

3. subarer

subarer Registered

its in off. This is my config in this moment. If I dont use minimun ffb the problem is solved but the ffp its so light. The wheel have 100% of strength on thrusmaster control panel (windows).

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@subarer exit the game and move your controller.json file somewhere else, and start again (load a wheel profile, configure your controls). Something must be wrong. Minimum torque that high will only cause issues, but the FFB shouldn't be weak with those other settings (it'll clip with most cars, so there will be lack of feeling at high forces, but the wheel shouldn't feel weak at all).

*just to check: is your steering wheel rotation changing correctly between different cars with those settings?

5. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I have now a MOZA R9 but owned a TSPC for few years before that.

RF2 had always been a challenge FFB wise. especially the grainy feeling you are mentioning, it was really putting me off the Game where it was working fine in other Sims.

what I did was to increase smoothing to somehow quite high level, I mean beyond 12-14 in the Game FFB settings which improved the feeling
    but then I was losing feedback on road textures and also car behaviour

so to make long story short, you should move to Direct Drive wheel if you want to enjoy RF2 at its full potential:D

PS to be fair, the grainy feel was also more pronounced on some cars compared to others

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Much as I like Fanatec products, if you move to a DD wheel in the Fanatec line you will still experience loss of FFB feel after making multiple trips to the pits/garage for setup work, or sometimes when changing sessions.
    I had several TS-PC wheels, I had two power brick failures that were replaced under warranty and then damaged the 3rd when I almost burned down an apartment I was renting. After that, I moved to Fanatec.
    Smoothing reduces your overall feeling with FFB so I would try and keep my TS-PC around 4. That still allowed some of those jolts to come through but if you keep raising the smoothing to double digits you might as well be driving an old Bungee Cord wheel that only centers.

7. subarer

subarer Registered

I did it this evening and it doesnt change the situation.

8. subarer

subarer Registered

I think they dont work in this and some bug like spins

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which car are you driving? (I ask because some have weaker FFB)

And double checking, is your wheel rotation correct between different cars? When you're at the track that calibration menu should show the current car's steering rotation within the steering settings. Check that it matches what your wheel is doing when in the car (if you have more rotation than you should, FFB will feel weaker).

You should be running minimum torque on maybe 2% at most. So your goal is to work out how/why your FFB is weak.