Thrustmaster "Boing" effect; a test please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Since I'm wondering if I should send my wheel back for a repair, I thought I'd ask.
    There is some noise in the wheel when there is a rumble.
    The best way to reproduce the noise, is clicking in the control panel on the "Boing" effect.

It is about a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE. The base is shown as a 300RS.
    Would you please do this simple test for me, so I can know if it is normal or not?
    The effect with the wheel turned to the right 45 degrees, is completely silent; you feel it going, but just a slight "brrr".
    Now with the wheel turned to the left 45 degrees, it goes "krrrr", making a sound like an G27 when there is a flat spot on the tyres. Just a fast "clacking" sound.

The sound is frightening I have to say but if it is normal; I can live with it.
    All the way around the rotation, the sound differs, at least that.

Would you mind guys, doing this small test for me? Thanks in advance, cheers, Wim.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

Second life in my old T500:rolleyes: ... same effect both sides. Difficult to explain but it is not light, (a small block before vibration feels all the cokpit) perhaps as you describe when tires take many laps.;)

Navigator likes this.
  3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I am not positive about it, but I did certainly had more rattling on some spots of rotation on my old one, so I would say it's normal, unless it's really bad. Is it new? It might get better.

Navigator likes this.
  4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you for the response guys!

It is a new wheel indeed.
    Its not really bad, but......ehh......well, there is so much difference in sound/rattling. It does worry me a bit.

5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I know how you feel. Some are smoother than orhers, but I believe all of them have those spots on them. I really just look foward to get myself the new DD from fanatec. Think I will settle for a bit. Got TS PC racer 2 weeks ago but I dont feel quite enough satisfied :confused: