This new sound tool for mod makers

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by doddynco, Feb 24, 2023.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Ange The Great has been working on on a complete engine simulation with sound. It's remarkable.

It will allow sound makers to have full control and enable them to acquire sample that are generally very difficult to record in real life e.g fully open throttle at lower revs.

He's now added a full 3d visualisation to the simulation - which is in itself absolutely mental. It runs at something like 90000 fps in order to be accurate.

I've not taken the time to experiment with it yet but the results he gets speak for themselves.

Screenshot 2023-02-24 145416.png

Check out the demo at 11 minutes in:

Mauro and jayarrbee36 like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No VR no b.....OH THE SOUND! THAT's what you wanted us to hear....lol! Might be interesting to play with different rpm ranges for the same base engine, to see how much of the rumble gets lost to the scream as the rpm limits are increased.

3. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I actually used the thing to make an enginesound but i was not able to make it good enough but i could perhaps get the release version and generate engines with it. its quite easy to make the engine notes for the engine itself. they just did not sound good since i had not made a proper engine.