This is beta software - read this before you purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I just got an email where someone was disturbed by the fact that we are asking you to test for us, and although I thought it was clear, and keep thinking it is, it obviously isn't.

If I can explain: Yes, you are testing this software for us. You're finding every issue, every bug, every problem, and we are working to fix them. That's why we have you here.

What is a beta? What is testing? Well, beta software might not work on your system at times, even if you meet the minimum specs. It may have bugs, poor performance, issues and problems. We will be working to fix them, but you WILL have problems at some point or another.

"But I paid for it!" - Yes, you did. You were helping us to test our commerce system, and people who buy it today are still helping us to test it. When beta testing ends you will be upgraded from beta to the final product. You paid us early, basically. We replaced an entire company (who did our commerce in rFactor1) with our own internal system - it needs testing every day, just like the simulation.

If ANY of this doesn't sit right with you, is unacceptable or isn't something you want to be a part of, ask (via the purchase tab on the launcher) for a refund, or do not purchase until the beta phase is completed.

Many thanks,

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.