This game must have an intelligent ghosting system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SharD, Dec 16, 2023.

1. SharD

SharD Registered

The AI improvements of the last couple of patches have been pretty good, but there are still a few things that really need to be changed. One of those things is the massive pile ups that occur when an AI car spins and gets stuck. It's often a race ending AI screwup.

The F1 games from Codemasters have a similar system in place. When the game notices that an AI car has gotten stuck, and other AI cars cannot get around it, it ghosts the car that is stuck after a few seconds, allowing the race to continue while the stuck AI car unstucks itself.

As seen in the screenshot below, street circuits are basically undriveable as of right now. The game should intelligently "ghost" the #3 car until it is no longer stuck.

I think this game needs such a system.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    Bernat, DaREALMastaD and DJCruicky like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would vote against your wishlist item. I'd rather they spent time on working on AI reaction to such a scenario, than making cars drive through each other (including any humans involved).

elgagon, Seven Smiles and buzz hornet like this.
  3. SharD

SharD Registered

This issue is particularly persistent on street circuits, which are too narrow to allow AI cars to drive past. The screenshot is from a narrow section of the Long Beach track. I mentioned this in my original post. It's a failsafe system.