Things I would like to see changed in the BMW M2 CS

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Alexandre Martini, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

Car is excelent to drive and the engine sounds are amazing, but here are a few things I would like to see:

1) Fix the curb sounds. Currently, it sounds like radio static, just a noise. I just can't believe this is by design. Check video below

2) Fix the interior materials of the cockpit, so that it doesn't look so flat (the white tubes and other parts that do not get dark even at night). Also seen in the video below.

3) Mirrors seem to be aligned too much outwards.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I don't understant the issue with the curb sound. It's a tire noise, not the car radio.

3. Alexandre Martini

Does it sound ok to you on that video?

I can make another video with another car and show the difference. I can make a video with 100 cars from different sims. None will sound like that.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

check out some F1 footage from the last corner at the Redbull Ring or at COTA. Listen during sessions like qualifying where the cars are separated more, the buzz-saw sound is quite clear. This happens on curbing with serrated sections. If you drive over smooth curbs there shouldn't be that noise.

5. Alexandre Martini

Can you drive this car at spa attacking all curbs, then drive any other car in rFactor 2 over the same curbs and tell me that they sound close or even remember each other?

If you do the same thing I did in that video with a GT3 car, you will have proper curb sounds.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I guess the sound is the same in the game no matter the shape of the curb and they just happened to record the sound in a different setting than the other cars. And that's probably why the sounds aren't homogeneous between cars. Ok, it's your wishlist, I just wanted to understand what was wrong.

atomed likes this.