The Triumphant First Impressions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes! Lode Runner! Great game! Had a friend with an Intellivision. Football game on that was amazing compared to Atari. I had and Odyssey too or was it a Colecovision. Can't remember. Do you remember the Vectrex?

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

lol sorry, sometimes i think i can write in english.

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

LOL I was an ST man as well, the midi ports were the killer app for me, no brainer for a bloke into music :) Was just thinking the ST vursus Amiga fight were fought out in magazines and bulletin boards back then, no web 2.0 or Social networking...other than down the Pub.

4. SVO

SVO Registered

Intellivision was the greatest when it came to football. Would you believe I still have my Intellivision 2 and all the games. A friend had the Colecovision so I remember that a bit too. Didn't play on it as much though as we would usually be outside racing bikes or tearing something up.

I didn't remember Vectrex. Had to google that!

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

They sold the Vectrex at a department store at the local shopping center. I can't count how much time I spent drooling over that machine. And never got one. Must have discovered girls or something LOL.

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Aaaah, Colecovision and Donkey Kong. I always hated those things where you had to start all over once you messed up (the mario bros. comes to mind)

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

And racing LOL

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Of course before 3 1/2 disks we had 5 1/4, C64 was so much better than that 286 also and I still prefer my music in SID ;)

First machine at home was MSX clone, Spectravideo SVI-728, you put those modules on top of it and played Nemesis etc.

Cousin had VIC-20 before that and first car 'sim' I played was with it, early 80's I believe.

Earlier we had one of those tv-games, can't remember what it was called, black and white image to tv and it was black box with silver knob on top of it, but my memory is so shot I have great difficulties to remember those 30 year old things :D

Cousin also had one of those electronic games that had coloured plastic rolls representing road, had some light bulb in it and sound generator, car was attached to screen, coloured transparent plastic and you moved it by turning knob, I believe. It had appearance similar to those coin games, but in very small scale, that was time before computers, can't really tell if that would classify as sim of such early age. I just remember how I was so immersed to that game that I did not hear or see anything when I played it, my requirements of correct physics has increased since a tad :)

I did do modding of test drive 2 on Amiga already, it was not very easy, I did try to mod every car game I did play though, they always have left room for improvement :p

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Vic 20! Totally forgot about that one! And that funky plastic car game I think I saw in Macy's around 1979 when I first went to Manhatten. I was amazed by that thing!

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Awesome site for c64/amiga music... http://www.remix64.com/
    Being brought up by c64/amiga and around teens turning into a metal fan, Aki Järvinen remixes are especially close to heart.

11. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Registered

12. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Binatone? I had one of these :)
    [​IMG]

13. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

I had that too!! :D

First home computer was an Atari 520 ST, driving games included Outrun and Nitro. But honestly my best memories are of Carrier Command. :cool: And I too remember the 5 1/4 floppies, used them on BBC computers at school.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Me too... that was pure awesomeness. Got to be Keke Rosberg while folks were watching F1 from tv.

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

16. PMC

PMC Registered

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You don't have stunts installed anymore!? :eek:

I remember using hex editor for that game too, I attempted to get indy motor tansplanted to Audi :p

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I remember both of those, great games/series. Lotus was nice with its multiplayer, shared screen I think it was.
    Those two reminded me of something that I actually wondered back then how the physics were so cool, seeing the suspension working and all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEDsFXpBts
    Awesome game, and surprise surprise... Geoff Grammond

Also Super Car series especially the second one was fun as a multiplayer.