The track is alive!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc_, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

This is the biggest step forward in sim racing since FFB!

That the track rubbers up, changes grip level with the amount of water on the track and then gets a drying line is a massive step forward. I believe we are going to get marbles off the racing line too.
    The track changes are subtle but you can still feel it through FFB and the cars response to driver input.
    This will give a level of immersion in races which has never been seen before.

Congrats ISI for having the vision and the guts to take things to the next level.

My 2 cents is the rain tyre has a tad too much grip and the dry tyre in the wet needs a tad more grip. That you guys are in the ball park with grip levels between wet and dry in the beta is a credit to you.

I am praying that you guys get hot swaps sorted this time. The ultimate for me would be an endurance race with hot swaps and variable weather.

Doc

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yeah. I found it also to be lovely.
    with decent rain, the track is going wet slowly and partially, and after that dry Each lap must be driven carefully. Each lap is different.

3. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

I'd say the combination of a much more "life like" track surface and improved FFB really puts this beta a *HUGE* step above rF1. Yes, rF1 with reel-feel compatible car setup correctly is good...but often very "numb" feeling. You do feel general increases and decreases if available grip along with the placed bumps...but just no character.

rF2 seems to deliver a much better picture of what's truly going on with respect to the front-end of the car.

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Just wait until the system actually uses only data from the tyre model to lay down the rubber, then it'll really come alive.