SOLVED the people can not join my server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by raul999, Jan 9, 2015.

1. raul999

raul999 Registered

Hello all, i write you because maybe you can help me,

I have problems creating servers in rfactor2. I say you the steps iam doing:

1- Open game ports (1025 to 65535** TCP/UDP in my ip address)

2- Go to the MAS2 and create a vmod with a circuit and a car. (For Example: Silverstone and the megane.) The name of vmod: SILVERMEGANE

3- Go to the launcher and execute the host mode, and then select the SILVERMEGANE

4- I have created the server, but is not possible join in the game.

The firewall is desactivated. The name of vmod dont have spaces. The vmod is located in documents/rfactor2/packages

Thank you amigos

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You must open ports in you router/modem also but don`t open ports 1025-65535 open only ports you game is using (HTTP Server Port and Simulation Port). You find Multiplayer.JSON file here C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player if you need to find out what ports rFactor2 is using in you PC.

Maybe this thread can help you also http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23178-Can-t-join-my-own-server-(video-included)

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Also make sure you drop a copy of the vmod in your packages folder or else GetMod will not work and no one can join. Also, if you drop the vmod into the packages folder while the server is already running, be sure to restart because the server only checks to be sure it's in the packages folder when it first starts and if it isn't there it disables GetMod.

4. raul999

raul999 Registered

SOLVED MATES!

What i do for solve:

Iam assigned my ip manually 192.168.1.8

then i go to the multiplayer.json and change ports, now i use ports:

"HTTP Server Port":44297,

"Simulation Port":34297,

open this ports in the router