The new Indy car at the new Road layout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Feb 9, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I tried to join the official practice server for the Comp System's Indycar seriesvia the multiplayer menu. The track used was the newest road layout (it took me 3 laps just to find the pit-in lane) However, I had some issues.
    Despite my solo car choice using the Road Race aero package, the game loaded up the Indy Superspeedway Oval aero with the teeny tiny wings and incredibly high gearing. Also the default setup was not symmetrical, again a trait of the superspeedway, not the road course one would think. Should I be messaging @Jimmi Allison or who is in charge of the 3 rF2 servers on the multiplayer list?
    edit: May have been my fault after all. I didn't force the setup so all the cars were low drag superspeedway. I'll have to pay more attention next time I join a server.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yeah, I'll double check today, but it seems odd that I could get into the server with the superspeedway aero & unbalanced chassis.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I went back to verify and apparently my car choice in SINGLE PLAYER affects what is loaded in multi-player. In single player I forced the Indy 500 setup and then went back to multiplayer. Joined the rF2 server and I had the Superspeedway wings, & setup. When I viewed the other cars, they too had the small wings, although they appeared to be driven as if they had the full road course settings. Curious, if nothing else.

4. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger Registered

Hi Jimmi..... Are you related to Bobby Allison?