Thank you ISI and one question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Pizzaman, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

First of all, I'm in love with rF2. So far I've driven the 60s F1 mod and I may not race anything else, so much does it remind me of GPL. It's fantastic, all of it. ISI has done an amazing job with the game, and the ease of use with downloading, installing, and updating mods is awesome.

I've found that I have 2 of every track for some reason; when I select a track to race, I see 2 of every configuration. Meanwhile in the Mod Manager I only see 7 locations listed, one location per track. Just wondering if it's a problem that will cost me disk space? Really, though, NOT a major game issue at all. I can't wait to get a Logitech wheel (old Microsoft one doesn't work so I've been using a keyboard with often humorous results) and start really getting into this great sim.

EDIT: One more thing; if someone would kindly point me in the direction of the entrance to Monaco's pit area, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol I dont know about double tracks, but theres no entrance for pits in Monaco.
    Pits there, are at the right side of main straight, they are not separate.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I am really pleased you're having a good time with the 60s cars. :)

That error seems to be related to the UI, I don't think you actually have two copies of each track, just a menu referencing them.

The Monaco pit is on the right side of the main straight. They did not pit really during races back then, and when they did they didn't give much consideration to safely separating it from the track.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh... I was going to post about noticing the track doubles in the track selection screen but seems like it`s not really a problem then...

Cool. :)

5. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

The problem apparently lies in the fact that some tracks, such as Monaco, have several versions. I found my locations folder and it looks like the menu is referencing each version of the track. Again, not a major issue at all, but something to be aware of possibly. Still loving it!