Thank You Fanatec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Jun 4, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I just got the new 1080Ti last night and when I went to try it my wheel was no longer recognized by Windows 10! :mad:

I tried all the old tricks from the past years but still nothing. This morning I requested help from Fanatec (I know, weekend). No reply. All I could do was ask more questions.

Then my phone rang and I'm wondering, who the hell is bugging me when my Fanatec v2 wheel isn't working? It was a very nice and patient man with a German accent asking if I needed help with my wheel.

It wasn't easy but after a while he got it working and I promised to help anyone having the same problem, if I can.

I'm sorry I can't remember his name but I had a hard time repeating it when I was thanking him. So I promised to thank Fanatec here.:)

2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Was the problem software, the reason I ask is when I had fanatec gear I always thought there software was shit , just wondering is it any better now .

Nice touch to get a call though , that's customer care at the highest .

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

New 1070 arrives this week hoping l don't have same issues , can you expand on what you had to do ..

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

The driver and control panel installation , fanatec driver software I always found to be problematic when it came to setting up and working as it should , this was a few years ago when I had fanatec equipment .

What was the issue / problem you had ?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Ya! Sorry I didn't elaborate! I really was, and still am having fun with the 1080Ti card.

I had an extension usb cable that I've been using for years now that I got rid of and plugged in direct. This at least got the wheel to show up on my computer but still dead. Then he tried the 261 firmware but still dead. Then he tried a, I think its beta, 204 firmware it worked and still is. Not sure where he got it from. We put my computer in team.... Sorry can't remember but he was running the cursor.

If anyone needs the 204 firmware and can't find it I will put it up.

Fanatec home page has been reworked since I had a problem last and I had a hard time with it.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  6. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

I have also had some issues with my V2, not yours but mechanical instead. Same excellent approach to service however, including a call from Germany to me in Canada (I was away unfortunately, but he gave a good deal of information to my wife - team effort!). All sorted. I was dealing with Mourad principally (although several ladies also chipped in from time to time - another team effort!) and several other folks I know that have been talking/emailing to Fanatec have mentioned him as well - VERY positively!

The V2 firmware can be found through the downloads tab under the discontinued products dropdown menu.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

When I'm running my wheel hard it makes a squealing sound from the fan. AC makes it squeal all the time, even with there lightweight FFB. I don't think it squeals with rF2 at all.

Other than that it works fine so far for over a year and a half now expect for the occasional 'Windows 10 doesn't recognize usb plug'.

This was the worst ever for sure. I was getting a 'device does not support 3.0 usb even though it was in a 2.0 plug. I even had it working briefly in a 3.0 usb hub. That's when I started asking for help. It was beyond me and Fanatec for a little while. I'm very happy he called me . I'm pretty sure I would still be fighting with it.

8. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

fans are a regular issue, so i understand. the fix is a new controller and 1 or 2 new fans plus shipping, which is the 'ouch' factor depending on where you live compared to the California repair site.