TH8 RS seen as Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by geg, Oct 2, 2012.

1. geg

geg Registered

Hello,

First of all sorry for my poor English it is not my native tongue.

I have a Fanatec CSW, a ClubSport Pedal V2 and a TH8 RS. My Problem is that when I plug the shifter, the shifter is recognized as the main Wheel and the CSW is not working. When I click on detect rfactor is searching for a profile called "T500 RS Gear Shift".

- The CSW and the ClubSport pedal V2 are working perfectly when the TH8 RS is not connected.
    - In windows the preferred device is the CSW.
    - The CSW and the pedal are plugged through USB

Does anybody as the same issue? Is there a workaround? Will it be fixed in next update?

Regards

Geg

View attachment 4128

2. clock

clock Registered

i have the same combo and mine is working fine...
    joy2 CSW + CSP v2 (i plug the pedalst to the CSW not directly to pc)
    Joy1 shifter

And i did not choose detect i put load, and search CSW file.

and is working like a charm

3. geg

geg Registered

Thx for the quick response... Have you also a TH8 RS?

When my shifter is plugged and I try to load manually the CSW profile, anything i do on any device is not working (braking, turning wheel, using shifter, etc...). I also tried with the pedal connected to the wheel and it is the same.

Before the CSW I had the T500 RS with the F1 wheel and in advance mode (with the 29 programmable function) I had the same problem. Too bad I can not use this wonderful shifter in rfactor.

Geg

4. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

I have a t500rs with the th8rs aside and i use to map all my axis manually.

5. clock

clock Registered

yes as i said is same rig..
    thrustmaster th8rs is my shifter H....

after load the CSW profile, is normal that the things did not work, you have to go one on one (braking, turning wheel, etc) clicking over them on the right panel, move the wheel, pedals and the shifter for the gears choose until it get configured all the buttons and axes as you wanna in the game..After that it will start to work perfect.

1 person likes this.
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try as clock suggests, then if it is not detected at all I believe this is related to the 'number of controllers' issue already posted.

7. geg

geg Registered

Thx Clock and Tim it is working as you suggested... I still have a little problem with the analog stick (left stick). I have configured the look left, right and back and only right is ok. Clock could you test if it is working for you ?

Here is how rfactor2 sees the devices

- Joy 1 = TH8 RS
    - Joy 2 = CSW
    - Joy 3 = ClubSport Pedal v2

Tim don't you think that normally the CWS should be detected as Joy1? mainly if the device is set as preferred in windows

Tanks again

Geg

8. clock

clock Registered

yes i have same problem if i load CSW file profile and configurate,
    If i use a default file profile and configurate it is working fine the left analog...I have it look left, look right, look behind and up is horn..

Is so little strange this..Because the FFB is better when you choose the CSW file profile...but the left analog did not work fine.

Edit: and is rare that in config, when you select the option to take a new key it takes fine the analog movement as joy2 X+ or - when you press to select it...but after no response..

1 person likes this.
  9. geg

geg Registered

Yes I have exactly the same problem as you. I can assign functions to the analog stick but they are not working in game. With the TH8 RS unplugged I have no problem with the analog stick. It could be because of the CSW not set as joy 1 or the TH8 RS.

Of topic mode

Clock witch wheel do you have? are you satisfied of the Fanatec combo? are you using fanaled? I have the M3 and the formula wheel. The Fanatec combo whith rfactor2 is just fantastic. It is so realist. Love it

10. clock

clock Registered

Yes of course i use fanaleds, it are so nice and make the wheel better...
    My rig is ERS cockpit with BC corona seat, CSW base and BMW M3 Gt2 rim, Club sport Pedals V2 and thurstmaster TH8RS shifter..
    i'm happy with it, and enjoy it so much, FFB feels good maybe some loss of dampening force with formula cars while in the turn that i think that the wheel still had to be doing force to center the wheel and did not do it (that not happen with clios or meganes)...