Telemetry data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMV2388, Jan 5, 2023.

1. JMV2388

JMV2388 Registered

Hello everyone. I try to make my own setups to all the cars that I use to compete. But there are certain parameters that I cannot adjust exactly because I cannot find the necessary data, for example, the ideal engine rpm, suspension working range, tire temperature, water and oil temperature... How would it be possible to know these data, which are basic in the racing world to be able to Have a competitive car that fits the driver's driving style? Thank you very much, greetings.

2. jual

jual Registered

maybe simhub could give some information.

3. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

You've looked at Motec, too, correct?

4. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Motec is your best option at finding what you need if you don't have access to the physics files. If you are using mostly official content a lot of the crucial channels won't be logged.

In terms of tyre temps, most grip seems to be found around 90 - 100 °C. Could obviously vary between tyres, but that's the general performance window. Water and oil temp have no effect on engine performance, only longevity. It does however change the amount of lift and drag you create, but usually not by a lot.
    Again, if you can't access the physics file you can't 100% accurately determine the engine life, so adjusting the engine cooling is usually just trial and error, or just play it extra safe.