tearing problems

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Paul Fenwick, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

i am having problems with screen tearing. just been running at the new bathurst track and the tearing in race is really off putting. I have max fps set to 60 and am running no sync. any help guys??

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you aren't running sync you will get tearing. If you're getting 60fps solid and not running vsync, it just means the tearing will be in about the same place for long periods, which can sometimes be more apparent. If your fps is dipping below 60 the 'tear point' will move around.

3. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

I wasn't seeing this the other day though at bathurst. I had the old version of bathurst installed. I don't know if it's that or something else. I downloaded the new geforce drivers and it reset my graphics settings. What settings do you use? My fps never dips below 60. It's so off putting

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Why not just enable Vsync and remove max FPS?

5. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

because i have read you get input lag with vsync enabled. i had no problem before :-(

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Because inputlag caused by V-sync will kill his driving experience.

As explained before if you run max framerate at 60 and if your refresh rate is 60hz you'll always have tearing. Is a matter of choice, I play all games with max framerate in 60fps with MSI afterburner. That way I have a very soomth gameplay in all games but is needed some time to learn how to live with tearing being more aparent in some games and less in anothers. Dirt rally for example have massive tearing if max framerate are on but without it I prefer not to play.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sorry for the O/T but I've seen this argument lots of times and personally I get on with Sync (Video in RF2 Settings) just fine, it's purely dependant on the system the user has and how much "input lag" there actually is, the tiniest amount won't mean a worst driving experience as the user doesn't notice it (like me), therefore the driving experience is still great.
    So on that note it's worth at least trying V-Sync to see of it aids tearing (I don't get any) and if the user still has a great experience then it's job done :)

8. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Yes you right, depends on driver. Just like there's people that don't see diference between 30 and 60fps other don't notice V-Sync. I speak for my experience that I'm not able to play simracing games with V-sync on because of the lag that it cause. even if it be 10ms...

:)